Re Price reduction of Gas — Bulb Community

Re Price reduction of Gas

Does anyone know when the gas reduction is effective from as I cannot make out an implementation date?

Comments

• @marktarasek, reductions are effective immediately. It's only price increases that take some time (60 days for existing members, immediate for new members).

You should see your new gas rate and standing charges on your account page: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/personal-details
  • The new rates took effect from 9am on the 20th of December.
  • mowcius said:

You should see your new gas rate and standing charges on your account page: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/personal-details

The new standing charges are showing on the dashboard but not any actual reductions in gas unit costs.

• scudo said:

The new rates took effect from 9am on the 20th of December.

Do you mean the reduction in unit costs took place on 20 December?

Out of interest where did you obtain your information as I haven't received any emails relating to reduction in unit costs (I have received anemail regarding changes to standing charges)?
  • Email
    Good news! We're lowering your gas unit rate by 4.20% to even-out some differences in our tariff between regions.

Then a separate email after I inquired re start date.
    Thanks for your email. The new rates took effect from 9am on the 20th of December.

• @scudo

Thanks, I'm in one of the regions covered by the price reduction. However I haven't received any email relating to the unit price reduction and the tariff showing on my dashboard has not changed to reflect any price reduction.

• Received......Hello from Bulb .....Mon 24/12/2018, 10:05

The gas unit rate and the standing charge have both been changed on my dashboard.
    Maybe they are sending out in batches as I only my notification yesterday, only when I asked did they say effective from the 20th.
  • I got an email yesterday but it was only referring to the standing charge element. It was titled "We’re simplifying your statements".

The standing charges have changed have changed on my dashboard.
  • It does state we are lowering YOUR prices as opposed lowering OUR prices so maybe region related.
  • Thanks, It will resolve itself when the Bulb team are back in the office.

Did you also receive notification regarding standing charges being reduced by £15 per fuel to take account of the removal of the duel fuel allowance..
  • Yes it came in the same email.
  • Allanr said:

I got an email yesterday but it was only referring to the standing charge element. It was titled "We’re simplifying your statements".

The standing charges have changed have changed on my dashboard.

As with @scudo the email I received about the standing charges also mentioned, near the bottom, the reduction in my gas unit rate.

Both changes are showing under "My account and tariff info".
  • @Hooloovoo

Thanks, scudo was good enough to send me a copy of his email which is totally different to the one I received. What's odd is that in scudo's email the reduction in gas rates was showing near the top of the email.
  • edited December 2018
    It looks like we all got different emails, here`s mine:

Lowering prices and making things simpler

Good news! We're lowering your gas unit rate by 5.40% to even-out some differences in our tariff between regions. Because of this, your energy will be around £58.40 cheaper per year.

Your new gas unit rate is 3.727p per kWH and your electricity unit rate stays the same.

We’re also removing the dual fuel discount of £30 per year and replacing it with lower standing charges for gas and electricity. They’ll both be £15 lower from now on. This’ll make it easier for you to compare Bulb with other suppliers to make sure you're getting a great deal. And it won’t cost you anything more.

Your new standing charges are 20.44p per day (£74.62 per year) for gas and 20.44p per day (£74.62 per year) for electricity.

Standing charges cover things like the cost of your meter, network maintenance and keeping you connected to the grid. Boring but essential