Where does my energy come from? — Bulb Community

Where does my energy come from?

Happy New Year members!

We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. We think it’s really important you know where your energy comes from.

We’ve just updated our website to show you where we buy our energy from. We partner with independent green energy suppliers across the UK to source 100% of your electricity and 10% of your gas from renewable sources.

Take a look at our interactive map to find out where in the UK our community of generators are based.

As always, we want to hear from you if you’ve got thoughts or questions on this stuff.

Comments

• I've always just assumed that the energy I personally use from Bulb is not necessarily green but that the equivalent of what I use is added to the grid so the overall level of green energy is increased. Is this right?
  • edited January 5
    lchamier said:

I've always just assumed that the energy I personally use from Bulb is not necessarily green but that the equivalent of what I use is added to the grid so the overall level of green energy is increased. Is this right?

Yes. By its very nature, all energy just goes into "the grid". It's like having two taps running into a bucket and asking which one the water running out the hole in the bottom came from.