New house move — Bulb Community

New house move

Hello, I've just joined bulb as I'm moving into a house on January 10th however it says my services won't be active till 26th. Can this be moved forward please?

Comments

• GaryG said:

Hello, I've just joined bulb as I'm moving into a house on January 10th however it says my services won't be active till 26th. Can this be moved forward please?

This is a public forum which possibly over the weekend only Bulb customers will be on it. Purely as a Bulb customer I don't think your supply activation can be moved forward, the existing supplier of the property should continue to supply your energy until you actually switch to Bulb.

This Bulb page may of some help: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003438031-What-to-do-if-I-m-moving-into-a-new-home-
  • GaryG said:

Energy suppliers do not supply people, they supply properties.

The utility supplies to the property will continue to be provided by whoever the previous occupiers were using, or if a new build whoever has been arranged by the builder. You'll need to register with these existing suppliers on January 10 and give them your opening meter readings. Your supply will then switch to Bulb as indicated on January 26.

I doubt this can be brought forward, and in any case not forward enough - January 10 is only 4 working days away now.
  • @GaryG Unfortunately we cannot move the switch any earlier. From the 10th until the 26th you will have to pay the existing supplier of the property and it will be worth getting in touch with them to let them know you have moved in on the 10th.