My first bill from bulb is far higher than my original quotation — Bulb Community

My first bill from bulb is far higher than my original quotation

I joined bulb on 24th November 2018 believing I would save money after having been a customer of E-on's for quite some time. However after receiving my first bill from bulb I find my bill to be even higher than my previous E-on bills for this time of year and bulbs projection for my annual costs also to be higher than e-on's. Help please!!

Comments

• All companies have had massive increases during 2018 so a higher bill does not surprise me,annual projections will be taking this in to account.
  • edited January 6
    @cheffie

You need to compare like with like. Was the energy you used with Bulb the same as that when you were EON for the same period.

Also in the last 12 months energy unit costs would have gone up for both Bulb & EON, so you can't really compare last years cost with this year

• cheffie said:

However after receiving my first bill from bulb I find my bill to be even higher than my previous E-on bills for this time of year

Did you submit a meter reading? And importantly, is that reading being used? i.e., does your PDF bill indicate they are actual readings or an estimate? If you haven't submitted a reading then your bill is based on guesswork.