Moving House — Bulb Community

Moving House


I'm moving house and want to take Bulb with me, but I can't find any information about the moving process.

Does anyone know how long before the move I need to inform Bulb, and what the process is? Do I need to know the meter number etc- I won't know this until after I move in.

Anything I need to start sorting out in advance? The move is in a month's time.

Thanks very much!



  • mario137 said:

    I'm moving house and want to take Bulb with me

    Energy suppliers do not supply people, they supply properties. The concept of "taking Bulb with you" doesn't really work, even though Bulb do somewhat unhelpfully use the term "take Bulb with you" in the help article linked above.

    When you leave your existing property, your account will close but Bulb will continue to supply the property.

    When you arrive at your new property, the energy supply will be maintained by whoever the last occupier was using. What you need to do is start a switch to Bulb for the new property. But this switch is completely unrelated to anything that happens at the old property, it isn't like moving Sky etc.

    Personally I would suggest when you move in, contact the existing supplier of the property and give them you opening readings. Once it's all set up and sorted out, only then start a switch to Bulb for the new property. The reason for this is that if there are any disputes between your opening reading, and the closing reading of the previous owner, you have only one company to deal with. You could start the switch to Bulb as soon as you move in, and most likely that will be fine, but I'd play it safe and deal with whoever is supplying the property first and worry about a switch later. It wont cost that much more to be with an expensive supplier for a few weeks while you sort everything out.
Sign In or Register to comment.