Gas usage — Bulb Community

Gas usage

Last two months my usage for gas is around £230 per month and 6210kwh per month.This seems very high and wondering if anyone elses bill like this.I live in a medium size detached 4 bedroom house and heating on few hours in morning and in evening.thanks

Comments

• Charlie40 said:

Last two months my usage for gas is around £230 per month and 6210kwh per month.This seems very high and wondering if anyone elses bill like this.I live in a medium size detached 4 bedroom house and heating on few hours in morning and in evening.thanks

Typical usage for a 3 bed semi is of the order of 13500 kWh per year, with the majority of that in the winter. You've reached that in two months, and while you'd expect to use more for a larger property that does seem rather high.

Is this your first year in the property, or do you have previous years for comparison? What does your Bulb account list as your predicted annual usage?
  • Yes first year in house,bulbs prediction is £110 for both per month
  • Is your usage based on actual meter readings or estimated readings?

• edited January 7
    Charlie40 said:

Yes first year in house,bulbs prediction is £110 for both per month

For both fuels, that seems a reasonable amount for a larger than average property. You've described it as "medium size" but at least for me that doesn't correlate with "detached 4 bedroom house". I'd say medium size is a standard 3-bed semi.

For those first two monthly bills, did you submit meter readings? And if so have those two readings correctly shown up on the bill as actual readings? Is the opening reading correct? Provided you keep submitting your readings as requested 1-2 days before your bill date, then no estimates will be used and the prediction will gradually correct to be closer to your actual usage.
  • @Charlie40 It looks like your consumption is accurate based on the actual readings you have sent to us. Is it possible that there is a faulty appliance if you think that your consumption should not be that high?