ESTIMATED READINGS — Bulb Community

ESTIMATED READINGS

I consistently provide meter readings at the end of each month for both gas and elec. Bulb still seem to be estimating my usage (might be because they charge in advance?). Asked for explanation by email a week or so ago, but still no reply from Bulb. Now thinking of moving as service is not what it originally seemed.

Comments

• You are free to move at any time with no exit fees.
    Are you sending the readings in within the time frame. Usually 2 days from receiving their email reminder otherwise estimates will be used.
  • Hi @MAPLE

Firstly, I'm sorry that you've been waiting for a response from us. I can see that you've been waiting nearly a week now. You shouldn't need to contact us twice.

You have been sending us meter readings each month, which is great. Thanks.

However, you send us your meter readings just a little bit too early.

Your bills are dated from the 8th of the month to the 7th of the next month. This means we'll need a meter reading around the 6th. As we don't have a meter reading just before your bill is generated, we have to use an estimate which does take your meter reading into consideration.

We send a monthly reminder at the time that we need your meter reading.

If you'd like to change the day you send a reading, let me know. This will change your payment date also.