Monthly direct debit — Bulb Community

Monthly direct debit

My account is showing payment pending, this has been the case since the 05/01/19 yet my account is showing "account in debit" clearly this cannot be the case, i have an inbuilt fear of debt, hence have tried constantly to maintain my account in "credit" surely BULB cant be so wealthy they can allow money to float around in cyber space.

Comments

• edited January 9
    ladyboris said:

My account is showing payment pending, this has been the case since the 05/01/19

There have been only two complete working days since 05/01/19. Have some patience. The direct debit system is very slow.
    ladyboris said:

yet my account is showing "account in debit" clearly this cannot be the case

Why can it not be the case? If your account is overdrawn, then it's overdrawn. A pending transaction does not change this. Only a complete transaction will count towards your balance.
    ladyboris said:

i have an inbuilt fear of debt

Try not to worry about it. Everything is fine. You might need to increase your direct debit amount a little if you are going overdrawn. If you look at your account dashboard, are you at least paying the amount suggested as your monthly payment?