I feel for bulb on their Facebook pages — Bulb Community

I feel for bulb on their Facebook pages

I've seen so much mis-information on the Facebook page from many people.

So many seem to be having trouble with bulb but I've had the complete opposite experience. They have been clear with me in regards to everything I've asked.

I try and go on a mission to try and put people right I've even been accused of working for bulb.

Most people seem to be moaning about being hooked in with low quotes and having prices raised, these people seem to forget the concept of a variable tariff, while also not submitting accurate readings. Bulbs latest blog post is hinting at a price reduction if wholesale energy continues the way it is going.

Comments

• edited January 9
    I think the biggest majority of them on facebook do not understand the market nor do they understand their own Bills and just look at a bottom line. I fear that many will `switch` only to find prices have risen elsewhere and they are no further forward.
    It seems to be the norm these days to just blame someone else rather than look at how the problem started in the first place.

I have also tried to correct a few on facebook (under a different user name) but it falls on deaf ears, I dont think they will ever be convinced.
    Same on this community some of the questions leads me to think some of them dont know what day it is, I think if the HELP button took up half the page they would still fail to see it, or just too lazy to use it.

But good on you FromTheValleys for trying.
  • @scudo Well I find on all pages, not just bulb that the Facebook users are significantly less informed than those who use the source sites. Car throttle is terrible for it.

I'm in agreement. Bulb needs to start putting out the graphs and pictures, no one reads the very insightful blogs.

I for one am happy with my choice here. My bill is being suggested to be reduced.... Contrary to most of these misinformed people that I'd like to Insult but don't.
  • @FromTheValleys

When I have pointed out the misinformation put out by some on the Facebook page I have had verbal abuse. Lucky I have thick skin and not easily shocked or upset.
  • edited January 9
    Allanr said:

@FromTheValleys

When I have pointed out the misinformation put out by some on the Facebook page I have had verbal abuse. Lucky I have thick skin and not easily shocked or upset.

I'm with you there. But what gets me more than anything is people still disagree when you present the clear facts.
  • edited January 9

Most people seem to be moaning about being hooked in with low quotes and having prices raised, these people seem to forget the concept of a variable tariff, while also not submitting accurate readings.

Predominantly they:
    • Fail to understand the difference between "the direct debit payment" and "the bill".
    • Fail to understand that a "monthly payment" doesn't mean it wont go up if they use more energy.
    • Fail to understand that unit rate and standing charge are the important variables, not whatever direct debit estimate was quoted.
    • Believe that Bulb are clairvoyant and will produce accurate bills without being given meter readings.
    In summary, people are dumb. Well, they're on Facebook! You're on a hiding to nothing trying to educate many people. Yet still we try! I do it mostly because I hate seeing a good company get trashed through lack of understanding. There are enough terrible companies out there deserving of bad reviews.
  • @Hooloovoo

Succinctly put.
  • But what gets me more than anything is people still disagree when you present the clear facts.

Oh come on, you can prove anything with facts! :)

If there's one thing I've learnt is that you can never change peoples minds by presenting facts and a logical argument. I don't want to derail this thread into a brexit thread, but, well, brexit.
  • edited January 9
    @Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo said:

@FromTheValleys in summary, people are dumb. Well, they're on Facebook! You're on a hiding to nothing trying to educate many people. Yet still we try! I do it mostly because I hate seeing a good company get trashed through lack of understanding. There are enough terrible companies out there deserving of bad reviews.

Very well put. I hate seeing it.

Please don't go there on brexit, remember the dumbest brexiteers are the loudest with little understanding. There are some I.e quite a few of my immediate colleagues who present perfectly reasonable arguments about it. For me, the best argument, it's the scope creep and the trajectory of the EU, look where its come from, it's not showing signs or changing that trajectory.

But I digress, the 'casuals' are dumb. Yes
  • I don't want to derail this thread into a brexit thread, but, well, brexit.

You are in danger of starting WW3, mind you it could be an interesting subject if started on a new thread. :)
  • You have discovered what anyone who has ever worked in any customer facing role has long understood as a universal truth- the general public, by and large, are morons. It amazes me how some of them manage to get themselves dressed each day without assistance, let alone hold down jobs, manage homes etc. The one thing they do seem quite adept in though is breeding- and a few more precious I.Q. points are lost each time. Reading some of the posts on FB, and even queries on here, fills me with dread for the future of this country and even mankind!
  • The four highest circulation "newspapers" in the UK as at June 2018 are the Sun, Daily Mail, and their Sunday editions.
    I rest my case, m'lud.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/529060/uk-newspaper-market-by-circulation/
  • @198kHz There is someone who reads the mail at work, some of the recommendations In chrome for the express and sun. I can't believe it's called journalism. It's really terrible.
  • This forum has an increasing need for a like button.
  • Bit of a cheek by one individual on the Bulb Facebook page, they are posting referral links for a rival supplier. Is this one situation where Bulb legitimately should remove the posting on their Facebook page?
  • edited January 11
    Allanr said:

Bit of a cheek by one individual on the Bulb Facebook page, they are posting referral links for a rival supplier. Is this one situation where Bulb legitimately should remove the posting on their Facebook page?

I've seen that too. But so many talking about fixed monthly payments really make me laugh. Bulb are transparent really in their tariff and explain transparently what goes on. Plus they don't behind obscure tariffs and don't stealitly move you onto the standard expensive tarriff.

People don't seem to be able to read an agreement / contract.
  • Hooloovoo said:

This forum has an increasing need for a like button.

:+1:
  • This forum has an increasing need for a like button.

And a `solved` button.
    It would be helpful if those asking a question marked it solved when they get it answered.