smart meter — Bulb Community

smart meter

hello

where can one acquire a smart meter, bulb offers a smart meter tariff but no meter itself ??? sounds absurd.
surely in this age of technology when all other energy providers are handing them out FREE you should be doing the same.

is anyone else not feeling as un-impressed as i am ???

Comments

• k33n3n said:

hello

where can one acquire a smart meter, bulb offers a smart meter tariff but no meter itself ??? sounds absurd.
    surely in this age of technology when all other energy providers are handing them out FREE you should be doing the same.

To answer your query please check out the Help page for details about smart meters.
  • k33n3n said:

where can one acquire a smart meter, bulb offers a smart meter tariff but no meter itself ??? sounds absurd. surely in this age of technology when all other energy providers are handing them out FREE you should be doing the same.

Click "Help" at the top.
    Type "smart" into the search box.
    Read all the knowledge base articles. Particularly the second result returned.
    k33n3n said:

Only the people who post a rant without first reading the published information.
  • Hi @k33n3n

You can read a bit more about Bulb and smart meters on our Help Centre.

I think you could be getting mixed up between a smart meter and an in-home-display.

The smart meter is like a normal meter. It has a digital display and sends your energy company the readings. The in-home-display is a small device that sits in your home and tells you about your energy usage.

We are rolling out smart meters and in-home-displays for free. We're installing them in a small number of homes at the moment. And we'll be rolling them out fully very shortly.

If you have been quoted for a new meter, it will be for a dumb meter. If your meter is faulty, Bulb will cover the cost of the replacement. If it's not faulty but you would like a new meter then the cost is £120. This is usually the case for members who are building new homes or extension so need an extra supply.