Meter switched off — Bulb Community

Meter switched off

Hi. When my E-On smart meter was installed my 'hard' meters were bypassed by the engineer (or something similar) - either way, both digital displays have been blank ever since, though a red LED constantly blinks on the electricity meter. Since the switch the E-On smart meter doesn't work either. As such I can't give a reading from, so until Bulb smart meters are rolled out do I just have to pay the estimate and wait to see what happens? Is there any way of getting the old meters hooked back up? Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 26
    JonT said:

Hi. When my E-On smart meter was installed my 'hard' meters were bypassed by the engineer (or something similar)

Could you give more info on this? What has been bypassed? Your old meters will have been removed and replaced with your smart meters. Perhaps you could show a photo of what you believe has been bypassed. Remember to cover up any serial numbers on the meters before posting photos.
    JonT said:

Since the switch the E-On smart meter doesn't work either. As such I can't give a reading from, so until Bulb smart meters are rolled out do I just have to pay the estimate and wait to see what happens? Is there any way of getting the old meters hooked back up? Thanks.

Do you mean the In Home Display (IHD)? The smart meter is the thing physically connected to your electric and gas installations. The small display device is the IHD.

What exactly is it that is not working? You need to read the values from the actual meters themselves, not from the IHD. Does this help? https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232832-How-do-I-read-my-meter-
  • That does help, thanks - turns out I'm just being a bit dense.
  • JonT said:

That does help, thanks - turns out I'm just being a bit dense.

Heh. No worries! Do ask if you have more questions. Some of these smart meters are not the easiest things to read.