fed up

Anyone else fed up with this green crap spouted by bulb

Comments

• edited February 1
    No. Why would you be? Do you not care?
  • You'd better get used to it B)
  • phproxy said:

You'd better get used to it B)

Exactly. The days of people who couldn't give a crap about the environment are thankfully coming to an end. Amazing what happens when all the old people start to die off and changes can finally be made.
  • Such a rude comment and a bad attitude of older people is not only inaccurate and ageist but offensive.

“Be the change you wish to see”
  • Hooloovoo said:

Amazing what happens when all the old people start to die off and changes can finally be made.

I'm long in the tooth and your remark could be construed to be ageism. :'(
  • Allanr said:

I'm long in the tooth and your remark could be construed to be ageism. :'(

Disagree. It's a generalisation. One which may or may not be agreed with, but that's the joy of generalisations :)
  • edited February 2
    @Hooloovoo

Lets just say we will agree to disagree on this particular issue.
  • Allanr said:

I don't want to keep banging on about this, so this will be my last comment on the matter.

Disagreeing is entirely your prerogative, but the empirical data say otherwise. Apologies for the US bias but I don't have time to search out UK-specific studies right now.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/234314/global-warming-age-gap-younger-americans-worried.aspx
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/492507/concerns-about-climate-change-united-states-by-age-group/
    https://thebulletin.org/2016/04/the-climate-change-generation-gap/

A record number of Americans now view global warming as a serious threat and blame human activities as the cause. But there is apparently a generation gap out there when it comes to accepting the scientific evidence. And an ethnic gap, a gender gap, and a gap in political leaning—along with whether one can be considered one of society’s “haves” or “have nots.” So, who are these climate deniers? What is their profile?

A June 2014 Washington Post-ABC News poll asked a nationally representative sample of American respondents several questions about their support for climate policies. Specifically, those surveyed were asked whether they would be in favor of government greenhouse gas regulations that increased their monthly energy expenses by $20 per month. Overall, 63 percent of respondents expressed support for the proposed policy, including 51 percent of Republicans and 71 percent of Democrats.

Interestingly, there was a significant age gap among the responses. For Democrats under age 40, support for the policy proposal was 78 percent, as compared to 62 percent over age 65. Among Republicans, 61 percent under age 50 supported the proposed regulations, as compared to 44 percent over age 50. According to a Pew Research Center survey, younger Americans are also more likely to correctly answer that the planet is warming and that this warming is primarily due to human activities.

The climate acceptance age gap. Unfortunately, there’s been little research that investigates the causes of this age gap. It is tempting to speculate that perhaps younger minds are more open to new ideas—such as the potential for humans to alter something as large and complex as the Earth’s climate, ushering in a new “Anthropocene” geological epoch. Perhaps our educational system is succeeding in teaching these concepts to younger generations.

• yytyyt
    edited February 2
    Allanr said:

@Hooloovoo

Got to agree with @Hooloovoo here. Far too many valid comments these days are quickly twisted, misconstrued and branded as an 'ism'. Saying that, the original comment can't really be described as anything other than blunt @Hooloovoo !
  • Why would you switch to bulb if you're not intrested in green energy?
  • Why would you switch to bulb if you're not intrested in green energy?

I still suspect the vast majority of members switched because of the cheaper tariff rather than Bulb's green credentials.

Hopefully most now however feel more positively towards renewables and will consider that factor for their next supplier.
  • I think the £50 plays a part.

Why did you decide to join Bulb @Geezer ?