Huge monthly bills...!! — Bulb Community

Huge monthly bills...!!

Hi Everyone,
Every month my bills seem huge since changing to Bulb.
I've just received an email to say I'm now £590 in debit and I've used £225 worth of gas/electric since 2nd Jan.. how is that possible.
Seems crazy.
Could there be a fault somewhere causing this and how do i find out.?

4 bed house with 3 occupants.

Regards

Comments

• Are you sending in actual readings on time, if not they will be using estimates which can be way off.
    Have you checked your kWH usage for the month.
  • I've used £225 worth of gas/electric since 2nd Jan

That does sound like a lot.
    Admittedly I don't have my heating on particularly high but in a 4 bed house with two occupants, my monthly usage is ~£80

As @scudo says, have you been submitting regular meter readings to ensure accurate billing?

Also, what part of your bill is so expensive? Electric or gas? If one seems excessively large then you might be able to track down why.
  • I've just sent in my readings so I'm hoping they'll adjust it.
    I need to disect my bill and see what's the issue.
    Shame they don't fit smart meters so you can see what's causing any huge usage

• Shame they don't fit smart meters so you can see what's causing any huge usage

Bulb have started installing smart meters, hot off the press earlier today.
  • Allanr said:

• BMS1993 said:

Allanr said:

Same problem here, hoping I can get a breakdown as my recent bill is nearly 3 times as much!
    Also don’t get a Smart Meter, the radiation emitted from the constant pulsations are very dangerous despite the energy and government info on them. Do some proper research and avoid them at all costs, no insurance will cover you for illness from these meters.
  • I've just sent in my readings so I'm hoping they'll adjust it.
    I need to disect my bill and see what's the issue.

Hey, hope you don’t mind me jumping in, I work for a different energy company.

Smart meters won’t categorise your usage, but you can play about and turn things off and on to find out what makes it jump up and down. You can express your interest in getting one and they’ll contact you first - there’s a thread by one of the bulb staff on it with a link in to sign up.

Have you asked them to re-bill to your reads? This may help!
    Check your bill to find out what you’re paying per kWh - you may be better off changing tariffs. If you’re on a 2 rate tariff you may be better off changing to a single rate.

Also, if your property has recently gone from being commercial to domestic (though it doesn’t sound like it in your circumstance, it may help someone else), make sure your profile class is 01 (domestic) or 02 (domestic economy 7) - this is the top left number in the box at the top of your bill. If it’s not any of these, you should contact them and tell them it needs to change.

We’re paying about £2.20 a day, including standing charge (unavoidable sadly) to power our house - it’s a fairly big 2 bed, and my husband is guilty of lights and appliances on and going out a fair bit.

Sorry for the ramble. Hope this helps!
  • BMS1993 said:

Also don’t get a Smart Meter, the radiation emitted from the constant pulsations are very dangerous despite the energy and government info on them. Do some proper research and avoid them at all costs, no insurance will cover you for illness from these meters.

:mrgreen:

Oh some people do make me laugh.

The smart meters function on either GSM frequencies (the same as yours and everyone else's mobile phone, but further away from your body) or long range radio frequencies (423 and 900MHz), as well as frequencies for the Zigbee HAN (2.4GHz and 868MHz).

Everyone is exposed to far electromagnetic radiation at a far higher power and for far longer than anything you'd be exposed to from a smart meter.

I suggest if you're serious, you buy yourself a good spectrum analyser and see for yourself. You'll either end up realising that your thoughts on the matter are complete rubbish, or you'll move to a remote island with no electronic devices and live as they did in the 1800s.

Most insurance doesn't cover stupidity either.
  • mowcius said:

The smart meters function on ...

You're wasting your metaphorical breath @mowcius.

I hope @BMS1993 not only doesn't use a mobile phone or WiFI, but also never goes outside and experiences the effect of that massive radio source, the big ball of fire in the sky.
  • Hooloovoo said:

You're wasting your metaphorical breath @mowcius.

I always attempt to educate, even if I don't think it's going to make any difference.