Smart meter — Bulb Community

Smart meter

Hello

When will bulb be offering this?

Neil

Comments

  • Hello
    When will bulb be offering this?

    Please click the Help button at the top of this page there is a section on smart meters.
  • Hello

    When will bulb be offering this?

    Neil

    Yes please, we need an update on this. Last thing Bulb said was: "Most Bulb members will have the option to request and book in for a smart installation appointment at the start of 2019"

    Well, we are in February now and no news about any smart meter roll out.
  • edited February 3
    Allanr said:

    Hello
    When will bulb be offering this?

    Please click the Help button at the top of this page there is a section on smart meters.
    Sorry but I can´t find any "smart meter section" in the Help area. Could you please share the link to that?

    Cheers,

  • edited February 3
    Yusso said:

    Sorry but I can´t find any "smart meter section" in the Help area. Could you please share the link to that?

    Just type "smart" in the search box and read all the article results that are returned.

    It works like Google. You're familiar with Google? Other search engines are available.

    If you're still stuck, it's under Help, Your account, then Meters and Smart Meters.

    I could give a direct link but surely it's better to teach anyone that reads this thread how to do their own research.
  • Yusso said:


    Sorry but I can´t find any "smart meter section" in the Help area. Could you please share the link to that?

    Hi, when you click the Help button you should then see "Most popular articles", it shows 6 boxes in total, one of these being "You can switch to Bulb with a smart meter". From there you can go through one or two links with information along the way. Hope this helps?
  • Hooloovoo said:

    Yusso said:

    Sorry but I can´t find any "smart meter section" in the Help area. Could you please share the link to that?

    Just type "smart" in the search box and read all the article results that are returned.

    It works like Google. You're familiar with Google? Other search engines are available.

    If you're still stuck, it's under Help, Your account, then Meters and Smart Meters.

    I could give a direct link but surely it's better to teach anyone that reads this thread how to do their own research.
    Well, if by "smart meter section" you mean one article that was posted 6 months ago, yeah, I´ve already seen it. But thanks for teaching me how to use google, it´s always nice to learn new things from slightly patronising estrangers.
  • Allanr said:

    Yusso said:


    Sorry but I can´t find any "smart meter section" in the Help area. Could you please share the link to that?

    Hi, when you click the Help button you should then see "Most popular articles", it shows 6 boxes in total, one of these being "You can switch to Bulb with a smart meter". From there you can go through one or two links with information along the way. Hope this helps?
    Thanks Allanr, Yes I´ve seen those. It´s just that when you said "smart meter section" I thougtht you were referring to something different.
    Cheers,
    J
  • Yusso said:

    Well, if by "smart meter section" you mean one article that was posted 6 months ago, yeah, I´ve already seen it. But thanks for teaching me how to use google, it´s always nice to learn new things from slightly patronising estrangers.

    I still think you're looking in the wrong place. One article? The "Meters" section contains 11 articles. The "Smart meters" section contains 9 articles. Searching for "smart" returns 18 results. The answer to your question is in this article.

    Most Bulb members will have the option to request and book in for a smart installation appointment at the start of 2019. We’ll be contacting everyone about smart meters throughout 2019 and 2020.


    There is no further information than this yet. If there were, it would be in that article.

    Have you completed the waiting list form to request installation? The waiting list is already rather long due to it opening some time ago and then there being a delay of more than a year past the initial start date due to SMETS2 issues. It is indeed already February 2019, but as indicated the timescale is now throughout 2019 and 2020 so they've got another 22 months to contact you.
  • Hooloovoo said:



    There is no further information than this yet. If there were, it would be in that article.

    Have you completed the waiting list form to request installation? The waiting list is already rather long due to it opening some time ago and then there being a delay of more than a year past the initial start date due to SMETS2 issues. It is indeed already February 2019, but as indicated the timescale is now throughout 2019 and 2020 so they've got another 22 months to contact you.

    Yes, I know there is no further information, that is why my first comment was that we need an honest update on this. I want to know if the roll out has started now, and if not when. For me saying throughout 2019 and 2020 is not good enough, and if there isn´t more specific info in the next few months I´ll consider switching (I joined Bulb because they have a Time of Use Tariff, and promised to start the roll out of SM in 2018). I know that there were issues with Smets 2 last year and that industry-level roll out was delayed, but according to the DCC there are 350k live smets 2 now... they can´t use this excuse for ever.

    Yes, I signed up last year

    Thanks,

  • Yusso said:

    Yes, I know there is no further information, that is why my first comment was that we need an honest update on this. I want to know if the roll out has started now, and if not when.

    Yes, it has started. A user on here had their SMETS2 meter installed in early January. I know an example of one is not representative, but no one else has posted anything on this forum regarding their installation.
    Yusso said:

    For me saying throughout 2019 and 2020 is not good enough, and if there isn´t more specific info in the next few months I´ll consider switching (I joined Bulb because they have a Time of Use Tariff, and promised to start the roll out of SM in 2018).

    If you specifically wanted a time of use tariff, you'd have been better switching to a supplier that was already offering one 18 months ago rather than a supplier that said they would be offering one at some point in the future. For what it's worth, I'm already on Bulb's time of use tariff via a smart meter from a different supplier. Bulb can read about 1/3 of the existing SMETS1 stock via their third-party meter operator.

    That's all the info we have right now.
  • edited February 6
    Hooloovoo said:

    Yes, it has started. A user on here had their SMETS2 meter installed in early January. I know an example of one is not representative, but no one else has posted anything on this forum regarding their installation.

    As part of a trial - and issues were experienced with the installation. That's why we have trials though!

    An email "Book your smart meter installation" has gone out this morning to a number of members who expressed an early interest.
    (see: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/9027/update-we-ve-started-installing-smart-meters-in-our-members-homes)
Sign In or Register to comment.