Monthly Usage Calculation — Bulb Community

Monthly Usage Calculation

How is monthly usage calculated on the Payments and Statement page ? It bears little relation to any period for which I have calculated the average monthly energy cost according to the payments in the list. Is it average over a year ? Since the account opened ? Neither seem to tally and your monthly average is higher in all cases I have tried.

Comments

• Frankcjd said:

How is monthly usage calculated on the Payments and Statement page ? It bears little relation to any period for which I have calculated the average monthly energy cost according to the payments in the list. Is it average over a year ? Since the account opened ? Neither seem to tally and your monthly average is higher in all cases I have tried.

I have always considered the monthly usage (in £'s) to be based on the costs of your anticipated energy use (in kWh) for the next 12 months divided by 12. If you submit monthly meter readings then after a year Bulb should have enough information to give a fairly accurate of use for the next 12 months. Each month the monthly usage figure may vary as the system recalculates your estimated energy use for the following 12 months.

It wouldn't be correct to try averaging your monthly payments or bills to date.

• Aha. Thank you all. The wording suggested to me it was an average used so far but I understand now it is intended to be an estimated monthly FUTURE spend. Indeed that is different. Perhaps it could be titled 'Estimated Future Monthly Usage' !!