Energy costs — Bulb Community

Energy costs

Hi I joined bulb last month and I'm really concerned, I have kept my smart meter that I had from British gas and its showing really high costs since I changed. I checked the tariff out before I switched and it was lower rates with bulb. Has anyone else experienced this is it the smart meter not connecting properly?
Louw74

Comments

• louw74 said:

Hi I joined bulb last month and I'm really concerned, I have kept my smart meter that I had from British gas and its showing really high costs since I changed. I checked the tariff out before I switched and it was lower rates with bulb. Has anyone else experienced this is it the smart meter not connecting properly?
    Louw74

Your In Home Display will not be showing correct values now that you have switched. At some point this year it should start working again when old SMETS1 meters are enrolled in the new data network for smart meters. Your smart meter itself (the two devices physically connected to your electric and gas installations) will continue to meter correct usage.

In the mean time, you will have to read your meters manually like in olden times and submit the readings to Bulb each month 1-2 days before your bill is due to be produced.
  • Thank you so much that's really helpful
    Lou