[Bug?] Inconsistency between app and website — Bulb Community

[Bug?] Inconsistency between app and website

I've taken my meter readings and as per usual, I took a photo on my phone with them. I then went to my Windows 10 PC running Google Chrome and tried to enter them - electricity no problem, but gas I got the dreaded 'Readings aren't what we expected - Please upload a photo'. No problem, but my phone was lowish on battery and hence hadn't synced the photos to my computer yet and I wanted to get the readings in, but couldn't see that I could bypass the screen without the photo. So I used the Android Bulb app on my Nexus 6, go to submit a reading, enter in the Gas reading and then get a 'Are you sure?' style confirmation box without an option to upload photos...

Can the app(s) and websites please be consistent in that either we can override the 'Not expected' prompt on all platforms OR upload photos on all platforms (seems odd it's missing from the mobile app baring in mind most people will be taking the photo with their phone...).

Comments

• edited February 5
    There are some other inconsistencies such as how your balance shows on the app vs the website and that some readings the wrong way around on mobile, but they're in the correct order on the website. I've raised both and the first I can't remember the answer to but the second was/is being looked into.

I agree that some consistency between the two would be good!
  • Disappointed to find out the gas meter readings I submitted via the app 15:55 (and then at 21:50 via the website with the photo) weren't taking into account for the bill production today :( My first 'estimated' amount since joining Bulb *sob*
  • RichyB said:

My first 'estimated' amount since joining Bulb *sob*

I don't think I've had any statements that weren't based off estimates!

Not really interested in trying to track differences until I get Smart Meter data - I know how much I need to pay a month to stay on top of things.
  • RichyB said:

Can the app(s) and websites please be consistent in that either we can override the 'Not expected' prompt on all platforms OR upload photos on all platforms (seems odd it's missing from the mobile app baring in mind most people will be taking the photo with their phone...).

In short. Yes, they can.

I've just had a meeting with our Head of Product to chat about our Open Road Map. I've just gathered together all the internal roadmaps from each team to find out what products we'll be working on in the coming months. I'll be updating the external roadmap to let you know what's happening too. There's more of this to come shortly.

But, for now, I can say that both overriding 'not expected' meter readings and making the app and website versions of Bulb account the same are either being worked on now or will be ready in the next 3 months.

• I've just had a meeting with our Head of Product to chat about our Open Road Map. I've just gathered together all the internal roadmaps from each team to find out what products we'll be working on in the coming months. I'll be updating the external roadmap to let you know what's happening too. There's more of this to come shortly.

Fabulous. I look forward to a Trello update!