Bulb winter bills — Bulb Community

Bulb winter bills

Hi, I received a bill for the period of December. There wasn't anyone in the house for about a month, however we were still charged an estimate of 93gbp despite having uploaded a meter reading. The account balance is currently in the negatives.
I assume that the price will be corrected with the next bill.. Should I top up the balance (hoping that it will have a + once the meter readings get accepted)? Thanks!

Comments

• atam said:

Hi, I received a bill for the period of December. There wasn't anyone in the house for about a month, however we were still charged an estimate of 93gbp despite having uploaded a meter reading. The account balance is currently in the negatives.
    I assume that the price will be corrected with the next bill.. Should I top up the balance (hoping that it will have a + once the meter readings get accepted)? Thanks!

When did you submit your meter reading relative to when your bill was prepared, ideally it should be 1 or 2 days before?
  • atam said:

Should I top up the balance (hoping that it will have a + once the meter readings get accepted)? Thanks!

I'd just give a few meter readings and not worry about the account being in debt.

• The reading was submitted two days before the bill came in - I will wait and see, hopefully won't have electricity turned off before the next bill.. Cheers!
  • atam said:

The reading was submitted two days before the bill came in - I will wait and see, hopefully won't have electricity turned off before the next bill.. Cheers!

Purely from another customer don't worry you wont be cut off.

I wonder if by some quirk your meter reading was logged after the bill was prepared.

If you look in your Energy Usage do you see your meter readings which you supplied to Bulb?

If you keep submitting your meter readings in the time frame mentioned in the monthly email reminder from Bulb your next bill should get back on an even keel.