change bank card details — Bulb Community

change bank card details

Hi, I need to change the bank card I'm using to pay my Bulb bills. It doesn't give me this option when I go to payment settings. Thanks.

Comments

• ilonaak said:

Hi, I need to change the bank card I'm using to pay my Bulb bills. It doesn't give me this option when I go to payment settings. Thanks.

On the payments settings page there is am option further down the page which has a section: Payment method you should be able to change the bank card details there.
  • edited February 6
    @ilonaak, do you specifically want to pay by card rather than direct debit or is it historical from when they did this by default?

I believe to change that now you will have to ring them (0300 30 30 635). The only options on the website are for Direct Debit.

There used to be "hidden" pages that you could navigate to in order to switch, but these no longer exist (or at least not in the location they used to be in).
  • @mowcius Thank you for your reply. You're right, I don't seem to be able to change my debit card details, only direct debit, hence my question. I'd like to continue with the card payments, but need to change it since my registered card has been stolen and cancelled. Is there no option to change it online, just a phone call?
  • @Eleanor at Bulb may be able to help?
  • Heya @ilonaak

We changed our payment processing partner a while back. We now only set up direct debits for monthly payments.

You'll need to set this up in your Bulb account. Just go to 'Account Settings' > 'Edit payment settings' > 'Switch to direct debit'.
  • @Eleanor at Bulb Thank you for your prompt reply. Will I be still able to change the payment amounts depending on how much I use or the payment dates after I set up the direct debit?
  • No problem @ilonaak

Yes. You'll be able to make all the same changes as before :+1:
  • edited February 12
    @Eleanor at Bulb
    Great, thank you!