Is this a deliberate fraud? — Bulb Community

Is this a deliberate fraud?

I am currently being charged the Night time rate for my Day time use, and vice versa creating a huge bill!

I am unable to enter my Day/Night figures into Bulb's meter reading form because they have them upside down and so it rejects them.

I have been told that Bulb's 'independent company that checks meter readings' have disagreed with the photo evidence I have presented.

I find this incredible considering my photo evidence proves conclusively that they are wrong!

Anyone looking at the images I've sent can clearly see this!

But, because of this Bulb want to continue estimating my usage using the incorrect figures thereby overcharging me.

They say that from the 25th of December to the 25th of January I used over £300 in electricity! Surely, a simple glance at my past history will show them that this figure is incorrect?!

I have had to cancel my direct debit for fear that Bulb will take out money I do not have and thereby incurring unnecessary bank charges.
Now they are threatening me with 'late payment' fees if I do not reinstate the direct debit.

I am a pensioner living on a fixed income and live alone. I'm finding all of this very distressing!

Bulb are choosing to ignore my photo evidence and are not communicating with me.
Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited February 8

Is this a deliberate fraud?

No, it's a mistake.

I have had to cancel my direct debit for fear that Bulb will take out money I do not have and thereby incurring unnecessary bank charges. Now they are threatening me with 'late payment' fees if I do not reinstate the direct debit.

The fear of a trashed credit rating and possible CCJ will surely cost you more than any bank charges.

You have full control your direct debit via your account dashboard. If Bulb increase it, simply reduce it back down again. You might have to do this several times until the issue is resolved. Cancelling the payment authority is the worst action you could take.

Bulb are choosing to ignore my photo evidence and are not communicating with me.
    Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

A few questions to get a better picture of what's happening:
    • What have Bulb said so far?
    • How have you proven that the day and night rates on the meter are reversed? A single photo would not demonstrate this.
    • What happened when you joined Bulb and gave your opening meter readings? Did this issue arise then or later?
    If you really get no further with Bulb, you can complain to OFGEM.
  • As a side note, I'd love to be paying the night rate for my daytime use - it'd be brilliant!
  • @BeingRobbed

I'm not altogether comfortable with your ID but I have flagged your serious concerns to the Bulb team so hopefully in the first instance one of their team will post a response here very shortly?
  • Hi @BeingRobbed, we are sorry that you have experienced this. I've sent you a personal message so we can take your account details and get this fixed as soon as possible.

I promise that we aren't choosing to ignore your photo evidence. Transposed reads can be tricky, as sometimes the day and night readings on your meter are labelled the wrong way around when the meter is installed. This explains why the third party company may have rejected the proof on the photo alone.

What we can do instead is conduct a space test - we will take a reading in the morning and then take another one that evening. The reading that goes up can be 100% confirmed as your day reading.

While this is ongoing we can put a hold on your billing until we are confident that it is correct.