Please cancel my switch — Bulb Community

Please cancel my switch

Please cancel my switch as want to stay on a smart meter thanks

Comments

• I'd email them, or phone on Monday..
  • Hi @bluey1515 ,

If you switch to Bulb with a smart meter, the *worst* that will happen is that the smart meter will become 'dumb' (i.e. you will have to manually provide readings) - if this happens to Bulb, it'll happen to practically any supplier you switch to apart from the installing supplier. There's a chance that Bulb will be able to 're-smartenate' your meter depending on the make/model but again, worse case, is they'll switch it out for a modern multi-provider compatible SMETS2 smart meter.

Bulb, again like other suppliers, will not change your meter unnecessarily (i.e. when you switch suppliers) as that'll be a waste.
  • bluey1515 said:

Please cancel my switch as want to stay on a smart meter thanks

Depending on how close you are to your switch date, it might be too late now to stop the switch. You might have to cancel within your 14 day cooling off period and begin a switch back to your old supplier. Either way, you need to contact Bulb directly via private communication rather than this public forum for customers. Contact details are available from the Help section linked above.
    RichyB said:

If you switch to Bulb with a smart meter, the *worst* that will happen is that the smart meter will become 'dumb' (i.e. you will have to manually provide readings) - if this happens to Bulb, it'll happen to practically any supplier you switch to apart from the installing supplier.

In some cases it also stays "dumb" even if you switch back to the supplier than installed it originally. Crazy.
    RichyB said:

're-smartenate'

=)