Join Date — Bulb Community

I signed up for electricity and it told me it’d start on the 2nd March but I’m not there until the 4th March. Can I change this? :)

Comments

• Gregsy said:

I signed up for electricity and it told me it’d start on the 2nd March but I’m not there until the 4th March. Can I change this? :)

Why have you applied to switch the utility supplier of a property for which you don't yet have responsibility? It's not your business to be doing this until you have completed all the necessary paperwork and become the owner/occupier. At the moment you are forcing a switch on the existing owner/occupier, so unless you have obtained their permission I suggest you phone Bulb first thing on Monday morning and get the switch stopped.

The correct process is for you to exchange contracts (if purchasing) or sign your lease (if renting) and then contact the current energy supplier to the property to give them your details and your opening meter readings. Now that you have legal responsibility for the property, you can initiate a switch to your supplier of choice.

I get that it's exciting to be moving into a new property, but you seem to have jumped the gun here.