Prepayment Meter too expensive — Bulb Community

Prepayment Meter too expensive

I switched suppliers and used my new key last week. I put on £10 at 8pm. The next day I went onto emergency credit. I have put a total of £40 so far. I am in a 2 bedroom flat with minimum appliances. Why so high a payment?

Comments

• @Karan, unfortunately nobody in the community here has any access to your meter details and usage figures.

Did you perhaps switch suppliers with debt on the meter which needed to be paid off?
  • Hi @Karan, when you switch to Bulb your electricity key should wipe all previous supplier debt. However, there are rare instances when this doesn't happen. If that's the case - we need you to take a picture of the meter display which says 'Debt: £X' and send it help@bulb.co.uk so we can get that wiped for you.

With a gas prepay meter, the card won't unfortunately wipe the debt automatically. It should be wiped by the previous supplier, but if not, we'll need you to send a photo in as mentioned above.

If your meter display isn't showing any debt, then the high usage may be caused by a faulty appliance. A local electrician would be the best way to investigate this, but let me know if there's anything that you would like me to look into.