Economy 7 - Day / Night Readings swapped — Bulb Community

Economy 7 - Day / Night Readings swapped

Since moving to Bulb, my meter readings for Day and Night have been swapped giving higher usage for Day Readings than Night.
This has the consequence of higher costs. I have notified Bulb by Phone - and more recently by Letter, over the last few months and thye tell me that they have raised a dispute with my last Energy Supplier. I have submitted photos several times showing the Meter Readings I have taken and have invited someone from Bulb to inspect my meter readings for themselves.

I submitted two readings from the same day to prove that my Day Reading was increasing during the Day but the Submitted Readings still show Day Readings as higher than the Night Readings.

Please can you help me by providing a procedure for proving that my Night and Day Readings need to be swapped, as I use more energy at Night but am currently paying the Day rate for that usage.

If this carries on much longer - I will be forced to swap my supplier back to my old supplier where at least I should pay a lower amount for Night usage.

Comments

• @Conrad143, it sounds like the process you're going through is the correct one. You contact Bulb, they look into it and get back to you.

I know no details of your meters or the dispute with your previous supplier but if Bulb have been told that your night readings are your day readings and vice-versa then it will take a bit of time to get this switched around.

It sounds like your previous supplier may have submitted information to Bulb incorrectly, or not kept the meter database up to date with the correct information for your meter.

When Bulb get back to you with the result of the dispute that they have raised, I'm sure the next steps will be made clear to you.

If what you're saying is correct, so long as you can afford to pay a little more while the matter is resolved, you will get the overcharge refunded to you eventually - Bulb are legally obligated to do so.
  • Hi @Conrad143, I can see that a Bulb Agent has raised a dispute to get the readings switched over last month. We would normally expect your previous supplier to respond in 3-4 weeks, however since it's been a little longer I'll give them a call to check everything is okay on their end.

I'll send you an update via email this afternoon. Once we've got this sorted, we will of course be refunding any overcharges.