Blue Burns — Bulb Community

Blue Burns

edited February 18 in Everything but Bulb
Hello everyone,,
So quick question. A xxxxxx family member xxxxxxxx has discovered EVERY bulb xxxxxxxin the House is overheating, and the metal base of the bulb is turning blue-ish in color.

We tried replacing some, and they work just fine but they get warm very fast. And the aforementioned bulbs discolor.

The house is only two months old, very new, and we are worried the electricians made some mistakes....

Comments

• Are these incandescent or led bulbs? If they are the former it sounds like the voltage is too high.

Just an FYI this is a customer forum for a British energy supplier and from your spelling I think maybe you come from across the pond
  • Are these incandescent or led bulbs? If they are the former it sounds like the voltage is too high.

Just an FYI this is a customer forum for a British energy supplier and from your spelling I think maybe you come from across the pond

It's not likely that the voltage is too high but I wonder if the bulbs that have been fitted are in fact the correct voltage. Perhaps they've been imported from "across the pond".
  • You people need to look more carefully at the content of these messages!

They're just clever spam.
  • Yep, they later edited it to add in the spam links (they weren't there earlier: a common/'cunning' way to get past filters - post something 'okayish', let it pass moderation and then edit it). I've flagged it for Bulb staff to hopefully at least remove the links.
  • RichyB said:

Yep, they later edited it to add in the spam links (they weren't there earlier: a common/'cunning' way to get past filters - post something 'okayish', let it pass moderation and then edit it). I've flagged it for Bulb staff to hopefully at least remove the links.

Yes, I'm embarrassed, given the unlikely theme of the post, that I didn't see it for the spam carrier that it is.
  • @RichyB, ahh, I hadn't noticed that but it makes sense.

We'll all be on the ball next time!
  • RichyB said:

Yep, they later edited it to add in the spam links (they weren't there earlier: a common/'cunning' way to get past filters - post something 'okayish', let it pass moderation and then edit it). I've flagged it for Bulb staff to hopefully at least remove the links.

I didn't see those. I flag too.