IHD only shows gas — Bulb Community

IHD only shows gas

We had smart meters installed last week. The display shows usage for gas, but nothing for electricity. Pressing the toggle button that should move between electricity/gas/both does nothing. Also the ‘traffic lights’ at the bottom don’t work. All the lights work at start up. I’ve tried restarting the device etc. Any ideas?

Comments

• We had smart meters installed last week. The display shows usage for gas, but nothing for electricity. Pressing the toggle button that should move between electricity/gas/both does nothing. Also the ‘traffic lights’ at the bottom don’t work. All the lights work at start up. I’ve tried restarting the device etc. Any ideas?

This is a situation that should be technically impossible, and yet there have been reports of this before. The communications path is all via the electricity meter, or specifically the communications hub attached to the electricity meter. The hub provides a local network (not WiFi) that both the gas meter and the IHD connect to. The hub also handles the uplink to the supplier. Since your gas meter reading has to go via the hub to the IHD, and this is working, how could it possibly not also send the readings from the electricity meter that the hub is physically attached to? Bizarre.

You'll have to report this fault to Bulb directly via private communication, as opposed to via the public community forum. The Bulb contact details are available via the Help pages linked above and printed on your PDF statements.
  • Hey,
    I have exactly the same problem in reverse, so only the electricity reading displays.

A little information
    • SMETS2 meter (EDMI Standard 420 Hub, ES-10A Electricity Meter and SMETS2 Gas meter, all installed by Siemens on behalf of Bulb)
    • Gas readout has never shown on the IHD
    • Apparently the Gas meter is reporting on the WAN
    • Gas meter reports it is connected to the HAN
    • The IHD boots up without the Gas display (despite not yet connecting to the HAN) - so almost as if the IHD has been misconfigured?
    I'm just wondering how common this issue is, it seems like it could be a configuration issue whilst being installed that the installer teams need to be aware of
  • I had these problems too. Had to reset the IHD then find the hidden menus on the meters to rejoin the HAN. Tip: press and hold one of the two buttons (both have different functions) on the meters and you’ll pop up the menus to do this.
  • I have the exact same problem, displaying gas, but no electricity. I have tried resetting the IHD and have been emailing Bulb Help since the installation, but still nothing. Does anybody know how to reset the meter to try to get it to see the IHD?
  • Does anybody know how to reset the meter to try to get it to see the IHD?

Which meters do you have?
  • E470 electricity meter.
    Press A once - all segments light
    Press A again - goes to Credit Mode Bal
    Press and hold B - goes to manage pin
    Press A 4 times (No option) until it asks HAN?
    Press B (yes) and it asks Rejoin Han?
    Press B (yes)
    Should say OK then press A until you toggle through to Exit? Then press B (yes)
  • G470 Gas Meter
    Press A to wake up
    Press A until it says credit bal
    Press and hold B. It’ll say hold for options then keep holding until it asks Enable pin
    Use A for no until you reach Rejoin Han (2 presses) and press B for yes
    It should say communication established then hit A to return to main screen.
  • @tkerby What did you do to reset the IHD? I've tried both clearing the settings and holding power down for 30 seconds

I did also try rejoining the HAN from the Gas meter and it reported successful, I'll try with the IHD off whilst reconnecting to see if that makes a difference
  • I went for the clear settings option. You can push an update to the HAN from the gas meter by pressing A once to wake up then a quick push of B.

Out of interest, did the engineer leave before everything was fully working. Mine did which surprised me a little and it seems others have also had the same. The gas meter was still commissioning and the IHD had only received electricity data
  • tkerby said:

I went for the clear settings option. You can push an update to the HAN from the gas meter by pressing A once to wake up then a quick push of B.

Out of interest, did the engineer leave before everything was fully working. Mine did which surprised me a little and it seems others have also had the same. The gas meter was still commissioning and the IHD had only received electricity data

Yes, the engineer left me when the IHD was still setting up, saying that it had already taken a very long time to set up the meters, so he couldn't stay longer.
  • tkerby said:

Yes that's exactly what happened to me. The *really* odd thing is that its now switched round sometime in the last few days, now i only have the gas display, I've confirmed both meters are connected to the HAN, I'm at a loss now.
  • OK to add to the curious case of the broken in home display, my hub happened to reboot last night as i was walking past, the HAN and WAN lights where off completely, then one solid then back to normal (blinking)

The IHD which had been reporting no signal during the reboot came back to life with both electricity and gas displays! Unfortunately on checking this morning its back to just the gas :dissapointed:

So with this we know the HAN is working from hub to meters and from hub to IHD occasionally, I'd guess this is probably a firmware/software error somewhere, unfortunately all these meters are proprietary with zero docs so I think Its up to bulb and EDMI to solve.

If anyone else has similar issues after reporting it to Bulb it might help to leave a comment here to get an idea on the scale of the problem and if anyone affected has found a fix (or had Bulb has found a fix for them).

@tkerby @PastorPaul @Toppernator have you all had your issue resolved or does this continue to be an issue?
  • Same here reported to bulb apparently they are aware working on a fix
  • Working for me although they’ve lost gas pricing in the IHD a few times
  • My smart meters were installed this afternoon. The gas meter wasn't linking properly to the hub so after a while the engineer called his office to request they do something manually, but they said that it had in fact linked ok. He then switched on the IHD, gave a quick summary of how to use it and then left. The display hasn't changed in 3 hours - still 'waiting for current data' - no readings at all on the screen.

I tried a quick off/on but no change. Do I just leave it and see what happens, report to Bulb or try some resetting as @tkerby described above?
  • I have the same problem and mine was fitted 4 weeks ago I contacted bulb and it’s a common fault they said they are looking into it so much for technology and watching energy consumption
  • Add me to the list of people with gas but no electricity usage on the IHD (both meters say they're connected to the HAN)

And also for Siemens been less than stellar too...
  • Why are bulb still letting these be fitted if there's a problem got told yesterday it's being sorted looks like it's been going on weeks
  • My gas readings have now appeared but no sign of the electricity ones. So looks like I'm in the same boat as most posters in this thread. I've also emailed Bulb.
  • Got my electric meter fitted last week but couldn't fit my gas one as it is a certain type that will need special parts that they will need to be specially made and will take several weeks to do this :-( My IHD is not getting any readings and is just saying waiting on current data. Contracted bulb and have been told they are looking into it but it might be the signal in my area that is weak so they might not be able to sort it !
  • Looks like Bulb and Siemens are having some teething troubles perhaps...

I'm sure it will get all sorted out soon, nevertheless, here is my two-penneth as to what has happened here today...

(Please however, NOTE... I don't work for Bulb nor for anyone else, I'm just a 5+ years retired electrical & electronics engineer, so I've had time to do a little research) :3

Here goes...
    I had my electricity and gas meters changed this morning, completed by 11:00am, by a very nice 'Siemens' meter fitter on behalf of Bulb; his responsibility was just to fit the new SMETS2 electricity meter (done, all good, correctly wired, tested and signed for), and then a new SMETS2 Gas meter (again, expedited properly, without leeks, tested & monitored for 2 minutes and signed for too). This is what I believe they are contracted to do.
    The meter fitter went on to show me the IHD, advised me how to familiarise myself with the device, and also gave some advice on saving energy through the use of LED bulbs etc, loft insulation etc etc. A good all round service I think. He said it may take up to an hour or so for everything to connect, and I was happy for him to leave. B)

I then waited all day for the meters to connect to the new IHD (with the "Waiting on current data" message) that many others on here have witnessed...

...Not a sausage after six hours. Still the same IHD screen, - the "Waiting on current data" message.

So I started tinkering a bit... After-all, (thought I), 'there is nothing to break so long as buttons are only pushed'
    (he says! Oh, how trusting am I in technology! ha ha :-) ) :3

This is what I did;
    1) Connected the IHD to my home wifi and broadband (it's easy via WPS to do this if your router allows it, - most do. There's a tutorial elewhere on the Bulb pages ...).
    2) Hey presto, I got my Gas readings within about 15 mins and the IHD was able to show the day's usage of gas so far. A nice pretty colour display too.
    3) Waited another hour in the hope of the electricity meter connecting (I realise that it uses a Zigbee 'radio' network, which is much slower than wifi / LAN speeds, but is a perfect technology for small amounts of data like occasional meter readings or other less time critical telemetry).

... But, still not a sausage on the 'lecky front!

4) Played about a bit with the IHD and found a "Connect CAD to Account" option on the IHD. So "YES" to that too...

5) Waited a bit longer... (is everyone still awake?)...

6) Nope, it's got to bed time and still no 'lecky readings.

From this, I can only assume that as the gas meter has no other electrical source, it must have a built in, long life battery (many Zigbee devices do, especially if they only need to transmit/ receive up to about 10 meters from a controller), so the Gas "most likely" uses the 'lecky' box and associated gubbins as a controller to get it's zigbee messages in and out, then on to the wider 'area' network (it's notionally a WAN, this is in fact, a new 'secure national network' called the DCC, that all SMET2 devices and all Utilities Suppliers will have access to), for onward transmission to the Bulb company servers, and of course, t'internet.

Conclusion: This hypothesis also appears to be backed up, w.r.t. the earlier observation in these posts, that if you only have a new Smart Gas meter fitted so far, it won't work until you get your Electricity Meter fitted too, because the zigbee and data controller are fitted together with the new Electricity meter; (Unless that is, Bulb or it's agents (i.e. Siemens at the moment) fit a separate controller module for you if you are only ever going to have Gas. In which case, that controller would highly likely need to have a mains supply to transmit to the WAN/ the DCC)...

Is everyone still awake, or have all your eyes glazed over yet? (Mine are about to)...

So, yep, it looks like a little premature release and installation of these on the face of it, but I'm sure the teething troubles will be sorted out soon.
    Remember, we are all pioneers of this technology in this first traunch of installs. I have lots of sympathy with the folks rolling this out. It's new technology and there will no doubt need to be some software / firmware tweaks for a while, so that all situations are captured and rectified. Our patience will be rewarded, it'll just take a bit of time to collect the issues, so I hope my ramblings are helpful to others.

Nighty night.
    :-) :+1: ;)
  • Same here, IHD only showing Gas readings. I'm guessing it will sort itself out eventually !

• This is what I did;
    1) Connected the IHD to my home wifi and broadband (it's easy via WPS to do this if your router allows it, - most do. There's a tutorial elewhere.

Sounds like you have a different IHD to most. Which model do you have?

• edited March 6
    tkerby said:

This is what I did;
    1) Connected the IHD to my home wifi and broadband (it's easy via WPS to do this if your router allows it, - most do. There's a tutorial elewhere.

Sounds like you have a different IHD to most. Which model do you have?

Hi there,
    I have the "Chamelian Technology" 2019 - "type 1" CAD version with the product number (as printed on the underside of the base) as IHD3-CAD-PPMID.
    Hope this is helpful, - What models are out there with the rest of you folk?

B.T.W. I mentioned previously, a link tht Bulb provided, https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360023100852-How-to-connect-your-In-Home-Display-IHD-to-Wi-Fi

Hope this helps... : :) - But I still can't use my IHD to see my Electricity usage, - Just Gas still!

• Hi there,
    I have the "Chamelian Technology" 2019 - "type 1" CAD version with the product number (as printed on the underside of the base) as IHD3-CAD-PPMID.
    Hope this is helpful, - What models are out there with the rest of you folk?

Interesting. I’ve got the 2018 version that is just the IHD3-PPMID. This earlier version doesn’t support WiFi.

• Well presumably after some more hub reboots, I say reboot as I think every time i get a "Your smart meter is up and running!" message it seems related to a the HAN being disconnected/restarted, I have both Gas and Electricity displays and its been that way for ~48hrs. I didn't do anything so I cant advise on a fix.

I've not checked the historical data to make sure that's correct, I think as @tkerby reported some data looks to be missing, but the instant data seems to be correct now. Fingers crossed it stays stable and if this is related to a OTA firmware update everyone gets theirs soon!
  • edited March 9

Well presumably after some more hub reboots, I say reboot as I think every time i get a "Your smart meter is up and running!" message it seems related to a the HAN being disconnected/restarted, I have both Gas and Electricity displays and its been that way for ~48hrs. I didn't do anything so I cant advise on a fix.

I've not checked the historical data to make sure that's correct, I think as @tkerby reported some data looks to be missing, but the instant data seems to be correct now. Fingers crossed it stays stable and if this is related to a OTA firmware update everyone gets theirs soon!

That's interesting, @JonnyNayStars , how did you reboot your hub (and I assumed you mean the HAN hub), which I thought would be connected directly to your mains electricity meter BEFORE the incomer / isolator switch to your domestic supply. Is there a way of rebooting the HAN from the 'lecky' meter menus? - Cheers... :)

P.S. 4 days later and still only seeing Gas data... :'(
  • Same here only gas showing IHD fitters left without seeing it work
    Just told me it will all fire up later and left
  • @Haddersman, what info did Bulb give you on the WiFi IHD model?

Is there anything to suggest that connecting it to WiFi actually does anything additional right now?

I should hassle Bulb for one when my smart meter is actually working and throw the data through Wireshark to see if there's anything interesting to be extracted.
  • I have a new smart meter fitted on 6th March by Seimans with the engineer leaving before the display was fully functional and he did not set up the wi fi link. It did not display any readings till the enxt day and then only Gas. It now only displays in a foreign language which makes the it useable. It also appears that few methods are available to get nay help !!!!!
  • Mines the same. Just got gas no leccy. Tried resetting the IHD and getting the electricity meter to rejoin the Han. Still nothing
  • Well presumably after some more hub reboots, I say reboot as I think every time i get a "Your smart meter is up and running!" message it seems related to a the HAN being disconnected/restarted, I have both Gas and Electricity displays and its been that way for ~48hrs. I didn't do anything so I cant advise on a fix.

Well presumably after some more hub reboots, I say reboot as I think every time i get a "Your smart meter is up and running!" message it seems related to a the HAN being disconnected/restarted, I have both Gas and Electricity displays and its been that way for ~48hrs. I didn't do anything so I cant advise on a fix.

Did you reboot the HAN or was this done by itself e.g firmware reboots ??
  • Also add me also to the list of people who have and IHD that displays gas but no electricity. Very frustrating. Obviously Bulb have taken on this technology with assurances that it would work and it clearly does not in some instances. Poor testing is all I can think of. The idea that people should have to wait a few days or even be fiddling with menus on their meters is not acceptable at all. I wonder if it's geographical? I am in Yorkshire. Where are other people who are showing gas only?
  • Can anybody give me button by button account on how to get my IHD to display english. At the moment it displays in something akin to Welsh. Now that makes it tricky to set up the wi fi or even read anything. I am really stuck. It seems Bulb are very quiet on the IHD subject which is a shame as they appear to be on the ball normally. So please wake up and comment on when we might be able to have some good news and how you are going to fix the display problems. When my meter woke up it only displayed the gas reading.
  • dfurn said:

The idea that people should have to wait a few days or even be fiddling with menus on their meters is not acceptable at all. I wonder if it's geographical? I am in Yorkshire. Where are other people who are showing gas only?

Days? It's been over a week for me and I'm not confident there will be a fix anytime soon. I'm in Yorkshire too.
  • edited March 12
    I live in Wales, IHD only reading Gas too, seems Bulb are very quiet about this fault with no customer feed or any sign of a fix.
  • dfurn said:

The idea that people should have to wait a few days or even be fiddling with menus on their meters is not acceptable at all.

At the moment as far as I understand it, installs have only been for people who expressed early interest and signed up for the trial so some teething issues should be expected for some installs.

Having to wait a few days or longer for the IHD to work is still a better situation than not having the smart meter at all (as it should now be submitting readings automatically for you). I don't believe anyone at Bulb has asked anyone to fiddle with menus on the meters, however if they did, remember that this is still a trial rollout so it's not totally unreasonable.
  • I expressed no early interest in a smart meter and didn't sign up for the trial but was emailed about getting them installed. No mention of a trial, so I suspect this is why some people are annoyed that everything is not fully functioning upon installation.
  • @norman7115, interesting. I wasn't aware that had happened. A slightly foolish decision by someone at Bulb to start the general rollout I feel.
  • Yeah, I had registered an interest but had no idea I was in a trial from the emails inviting me and saying they had started the rollout. Speaking to Bulb after installation and they keep talking trial/beta
  • I expressed no early interest in a smart meter and didn't sign up for the trial but was emailed about getting them installed. No mention of a trial, so I suspect this is why some people are annoyed that everything is not fully functioning upon installation.

Yes same for me. I was not on an early installation trail but received an email invitation to install. Don't get me wrong I am happy that I have the meters and they are sending readings to Bulb. Except it's annoying not to be able to have any idea of my consumption cost for all fuel.

• I also didn't express an interest, received an email to say they were available in my area. My IHD is also only showing Gas, however Bulb have also emailed me to say that my Gas meter is not submitting readings and I'll have to do it manually.

As I understand the Gas meter sends the reading to the electric meter and onward to the IHD - not sure how they cannot be getting the Gas reading if it's on my IHD :)
  • edited March 14
    Unfortunately have come across this thread researching this problem. Had ours installed yesterday and the IHD spent all day looking for current data. Woken this morning to be only getting gas readings on the IHD, looked at the smart meter and all the lights on the transmitter box (on top on the electric meter) are flashing green with a red flashing light on the electric meter itself, is this correct? Will try the suggestions in here of reconnecting to the HAN, but thought I’d check it’s not faulty that’s all. Thanks in advance!
  • Looks like I’m in the same boat. We had our smart meter installed yesterday and have encountered the same problem. Here’s the email I’ve sent to Bulb Help. I’ll post an update if I get any useful advice......

My smart meter was installed yesterday but my in home display is not working.

It continues to show the message “Waiting For Current Data” and provides no information about my electricity consumption whatsoever.

It was left like this when the Siemens engineer left and I have been waiting for it to start to show some information, ever since.

The display shows no lights and provides no information whatsoever about my electricity or gas consumption.

The connection signal indicator to the meter shows good strength and I have used the settings option to connect it to my home broadband WiFi, which also shows a good signal.

Please advise as to how I can get the display to provide me with information about my energy use.
  • edited March 14
    I have had a dismissive email from Bulb agreeing there is a problem explaining 'the process may take a few weeks' to fix and asking for a photo of my display. There's nothing wrong with my display device just as there isn't with everyone else's. So instead I have forwarded my problem on to complaints@bulb.co.uk with additional comment that I feel Bulb are not fulfilling their obligation to install working smart meters to help customers reduce their usage by knowingly installing ones that do not work. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

When, or if, I get a dismissive reply telling me again to wait a 'few weeks' I will be right off to the Ombudsman Services. See how that goes down.

In the meantime I think Bulb should immediately halt their Smart Meter rollout as they are obviously not working. They are inconveniencing customers and causing them to waste so much time gazing at displays that obviously are not going to work.

Looks like I’m in the same boat. We had our smart meter installed yesterday and have encountered the same problem. Here’s the email I’ve sent to Bulb Help. I’ll post an update if I get any useful advice......

It looks like there is a problem with this rollout affecting some installations. Here is the reply I got....

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear that your in-home display isn't working properly.

This isn't something we can fix straight away and unfortunately is an issue which has been reported by a few other people who have had smart meters installed. , so we'll need to do an investigation into the connectivity issues you're experiencing.

I've added you to a list of accounts affected and we will be in touch when we have a concrete fix but this may take several weeks while we iron out some of the teething issues with the new display technology.Thanks for your patience, we understand that this is frustrating but we'll get things up and running as soon as we can.

• Couldn’t get it to work after the reconnection suggestions in this thread so was on the phone today. The chap on the phone was very helpful and said they are getting multiple reports of this problem. As others have said I was asked to send a photo of the display and was told it is under investigation and they will be able to fix it remotely so an engineer won’t have to come out again luckily. This ‘fix’ will likely take a few weeks as it involves software updates and he apologised profusely. It doesn’t bother me as at least I have a gas readout which I didn’t have before and it was free at the point of installation, plus they are trying to fix it which is good enough for me and certainly nothing to fret over. Hope you all get sorted soon bulberinos!
  • Had mine installed this morning and 6 hours later the IHD is still stuck on 'Waiting for current data'
  • We had our smart meter installed yesterday and having the same issue, no readings for both gas and electricity. Will contact bulb to make them aware and add me to the ever growing list of meters not working.
  • How exactly did this not get picked up at the trial phase?
  • @Hooloovoo, we're still in the trial phase.

It seems that potentially some people either didn't realise this was a trial, or Bulb has signed up some people who didn't request to be part of the trial though.

I'm still having issues but I'm not really complaining about it as my rollout was a trial, and one of the first.
  • edited March 15
    Same here. Installed yesterday and no leccy showing on IHD but gas is fine.
  • edited March 15
    There was no mention of it being a trial in the email invite I received to have one installed:

We're installing smart meters in your area

Smart meters are here, and you can get one installed for free. Engineers are in your area next week so don't miss out.

We think smart meters are great because you'll:
    Never need to submit another meter reading
    Receive accurate bills based on real-time usage
    Get the information you need to help cut your bills and reduce carbon emissions

We’re installing the new generation of smart meters (SMETS2), so if you ever switch supplier, there’ll be no need to exchange your meter, and it’ll keep its smart features.

• mowcius said:

@Hooloovoo, we're still in the trial phase.

It seems that potentially some people either didn't realise this was a trial, or Bulb has signed up some people who didn't request to be part of the trial though.

I'm still having issues but I'm not really complaining about it as my rollout was a trial, and one of the first.

I'm not sure that's true. The post here announcing that Bulb have "started installing smart meters in our members homes" makes no mention of this being an extended roll out of a trial period. The trial period was closed to Bulb staff, following that (presumably successfully) they've started customer installations.

As far as I can see it doesn't say anywhere that the installation of the meters is still part of a trial that is now being extended to customers. It's being advertised as an open, working, tested, roll out of smart meters, and as shown by @ppiixx this seems to also extend to sending invitations to customers with no mention of a trial.

It's the smart tariff that is in beta, not the installation of smart meters on the standard single-rate tariff. If the installations were still in a trial period extended to customers, it would be part of Bulb Labs.
  • Spoke to the smart team. Smart tariff and 30 minute readings are not available on SMETS2 meters yet.

So I have a IHD that doesn't display anything and I can't have 30 minute data on the website because it isn't ready yet.

For the person stuck in Welsh:

press ok
    press right twice
    press ok
    press right 7 times
    press ok
    select english
    press ok

• That's interesting, @JonnyNayStars , how did you reboot your hub (and I assumed you mean the HAN hub), which I thought would be connected directly to your mains electricity meter BEFORE the incomer / isolator switch to your domestic supply. Is there a way of rebooting the HAN from the 'lecky' meter menus? - Cheers... :)

P.S. 4 days later and still only seeing Gas data... :'(

@evap I didn't trigger the "reboots" they seemed to happen at random and must be supplier controled. I don't think there is any way to reboot them manually and I suspect all two pole isolators (if you have one) are between meter and consumer unit not on the incoming supply itself
  • My IHD has now joined the GasOnly club.
  • ppiixx said:

My IHD has now joined the GasOnly club.

Were you one of the (I think mythical) people who actually had electricity readings at some point?

I didn't think they existed ..
  • Nope, never had electricity readings on it. It went from 'waiting for current data' to GasOnly after the Bulb smart team prodded something.
  • Bulb smart team is a misnomer.
  • Exactly same issue here, no electric showing on IHD, fitted today (15th March '19)
  • Had my meters fitted this morning and now I am also a member of the gas only club. Please bulb let us know what you are doing to resolve this.
  • Same with me too! I'm also in the gas only club, having had my meters fitted this afternoon!
  • Sadly I don't have electricity or gas readings showing. Installed 2 days ago.
  • edited March 16
    I just have gas readings. No electricity. Meters installed yesterday.
  • Thanks goodness I only have to lift up or open the meter boxes to my two non-smart meters and see the readings.
  • I've e-mailed Bulb and tried Twitter too but complete silence in relation to this gas only IHD issue. Anyone had a response yet?
  • Bulb are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
  • I'm another member of the (rather popular) gas only club. Does anybody know if the meters are definitely sending readings to Bulb?
  • HPBris said:

Does anybody know if the meters are definitely sending readings to Bulb?

Bulb told me that neither of my smart meters are sending readings. To be fixed next week apparently.....
  • Yup. Same here. I had mine installed yesterday and its Gas only. The engineer fitted it all and was gone in a hour. He said there was nothing further he could do and it was in the lap of the gods for everything to connect via the networks.
  • Spoke to Bulb CS this morning. They've also asked me to send a picture of the IHD and will pass onto the smart team. It would be good if Bulb could give an idea on this thread of when it will be fixed.
  • hencam said:

dfurn said:

The idea that people should have to wait a few days or even be fiddling with menus on their meters is not acceptable at all. I wonder if it's geographical? I am in Yorkshire. Where are other people who are showing gas only?

Days? It's been over a week for me and I'm not confident there will be a fix anytime soon. I'm in Yorkshire too.
    I think region might be a factor, I'm in the NE, AFIK the WAN implementation is different depending on where you live, up north we have a radio system that more resembles a mesh network, so might attempt to connect via another hub rather than directly to the mast, down south I believe its a cellular (point to point).

I've been in communication with the smart meter team and I've pointed them at this thread so I'm sure they're aware of the issue we're all/were having, as i mentioned my issue seems to be somewhat resolved now. The smart meter team rep had told me
    We have been running some processes which we believe are helping the in-home displays get the data they need to show your usage

The smart meter team have been unable to confirm if a OTA update fixed my issue, I'm guessing this is something handled by the DCC (capita) and not Bulb. I wonder if this affects all SMETS2 meters (including from other suppliers)

• I am having this problem in CH42 area. Is it a case of 'wait and see' ?
  • Ihd installed today and only showing gas. In Norfolk. Will email Bulb.
  • hencam said:

ppiixx said:

My IHD has now joined the GasOnly club.

Were you one of the (I think mythical) people who actually had electricity readings at some point?

I didn't think they existed ..
    I can confirm we exist.

I had my meters installed yesterday. Electricity readings were coming through for the first few hours (no gas), then at some point they stopped.
  • I had electricity and gas readings then lost the electricity last night.

Got them back by powering off and on the IHD then sending a manual reading from the gas meter (top then bottom button). Both readings then appeared
  • I sent an email to 'Support' @ Bulb, it is now working both Gas and Electric.

This was their reply
    I have run a process to kick start the electricity - could you turn the IHD off using the power button on the back and then leave it a minute before turning it back on.
  • CharlesB said:

I sent an email to 'Support' @ Bulb, it is now working both Gas and Electric.

This was their reply
    I have run a process to kick start the electricity - could you turn the IHD off using the power button on the back and then leave it a minute before turning it back on.

Interesting, thanks. Did you email support@bulb.co.uk?

• I just want to add that I've moved over from Ovo with fully communicating Smets2 meters/IHD and now only have gas on the IHD. I've just moved to the smart tariff so am hoping when that's sorted everything else will be!
  • I was told I couldn't have the smart tariff on a SMETS2 meter!
  • ppiixx said:

I was told I couldn't have the smart tariff on a SMETS2 meter!

Who told you that?
  • ppiixx said:

I was told I couldn't have the smart tariff on a SMETS2 meter!

It just showed on my online account as an option when I clicked on Tariff.
  • Another member of the ‘gas only’ club. The IHD was showing ‘waiting for current data’ for the past 24hrs, but now has moved on to show only Gas information.

I’ll join the orderly queue and await a fix from Bulb.
  • paulj said:

CharlesB said:

I sent an email to 'Support' @ Bulb, it is now working both Gas and Electric.

This was their reply

Interesting, thanks. Did you email support@bulb.co.uk?

Yes, but today (21/03/19) I am back with no Electric display.

They obviously have problems that need ironing out.
  • Well, I'm yet another new member of the "No 'Lecky data" club. - Had my "Smart" (ha ha ha ) meters installed three days ago, and only got my first readings yesterday (the Siemens engineer advised that it would take 24 - 36 hours to get any data).....Only got gas readings.
    Tried all the various tricks (above) and unable to get my IHD to connect to my wifi - it just sticks at "starting Wifi" - Really unimpressed with Bulb over this, as there was no indication of issues when I was invited to sign up last week - Wish I'd found this page earlier!!
  • I'm another member of this no-so-exclusive club. My smart meters were installed yesterday. When the engineer left I had the "Waiting for Data" message. Connected the IHD to my WiFi with no change. Today I have the same problem as lots of other people with only the gas showing. No worries, I'll just wait it out until Bulb issue a fix...
  • On trying to sign up for the smart tariff: 'Thanks for your information. Looks like you don't have a smart meter yet, so we've put you on our smart meter waiting list. We'll start contacting people from January 2019 to book an installation.'

• We had smart meters installed last week. The display shows usage for gas, but nothing for electricity. Pressing the toggle button that should move between electricity/gas/both does nothing. Also the ‘traffic lights’ at the bottom don’t work. All the lights work at start up. I’ve tried restarting the device etc. Any ideas?

Exactly the same problem here - new smart meters installed last week - took around 24 hours for anything to show on the display, and since then it's just been displaying gas usage and stubbornly refuses to show electric usage.
  • I have had the smart meter now for over 2 weeks and still showing gas only I live in stoke
  • I had Smart meter fitted on the 21st. Initially no gas or electric. After about 3 days I got the gas display working correctly but still no electric display. Although it will be good to see the IHD working properly I am still better off than before with easy access to gas usage. Will post again once I get any electric readings.
  • Had a email from support telling me they had made another change and to try restarting the IHD again. Mine is now showing gas and electricity!
  • Well that didn't last long. Back in the gas only club
  • Hi all. We had our gas and electricity meters installed yesterday but display only showing gas. From looking at the comments, this problem has been going since at least February 17th, so why are Bulb still installing meters six weeks later which they know have this problem?
  • Had my meter installed yesterday, electric also isn't coming up. It's not a distance thing, my IHD couldn't get any closer unless I place it on top of the meter, it's the other side of the wall from the meter. Tried different parts of the house, still no luck.
  • Same here, had my meter installed on 1st April and only showing gas. Hoping these issues get ironed out sooner rather than later...
  • Smart meters installed yesterday. Like others waiting for data when engineer left on IHD. 24 hours later no gas or electricity data plus on calling bulb find that the gas meter wasn’t commissioned properly and they are not receiving readings! Cannot give me time frame for it to be fixed with another engineer visit! Hopeless. Complaint raised with Siemens the installer. This is damaging for Bulb.
  • Same problem here.
    Installed yesterday Chameleon the one with wifi.
    Only showing gas.
  • Soooooo disappointing! this really does look bad for Bulb. - was an avid fan, but now have let me and many others down badly.