If we all shout at Bulb loudly enough they will install new generation meters — Bulb Community

If we all shout at Bulb loudly enough they will install new generation meters

edited March 1 in About Bulb
Really pleasant surprise to get an email saying costs will be getting reduced. Good to know that energy I use is 100% renewable and I have saved a Hippo's worth of CO2 in the last year. Just one thing that is really annoying, I had a smart meter before joining Bulb. Bulb cannot read it (presumably an old generation meter whatever that is) but as a 74 year old with meter in slightly awkward place the smart meter was a real boon. Just wondering how many other Bulb customers feel same way, perhaps if we all shout at Bulb loudly enough they will install new generation meters that they can read. Anybody else want to join the Revolution?

Comments

• Heya @GrahamChap

Great to have your feedback. Thanks for sharing on our Community!

You don't need to shout too loudly about getting the second generation smart meter as they're already being installed in our member's homes!

If you’re on the smart meter waiting list and eligible for an installation, you should hear from us before Easter 2019.

Eligibility and the exact time we get in touch will depend on a few factors including:
    • Engineer availability in your area
    • Smart meter signal coverage
    Right now we’re prioritising people on the waiting list, as they’ve shown an active interest. But we’ll be quickly increasing the number of installations in the coming months.

You can find out more on the Community smart meter update.