Meter readings and smart meters — Bulb Community

Meter readings and smart meters

I am totally fed up with giving you meter readings a few days before my invoice is generated for you to add large amounts of units to my reading!!
I have a first edition smart meter already installed and reading through your blog it appears you can now communicate with them, but ive never been contacted about any form of smart meter!! Please bring on the ability to give actual meter every month!!

Comments

• Joolesbd said:

I am totally fed up with giving you meter readings a few days before my invoice is generated for you to add large amounts of units to my reading!!
    I have a first edition smart meter already installed and reading through your blog it appears you can now communicate with them, but ive never been contacted about any form of smart meter!! Please bring on the ability to give actual meter every month!!

Where did you read that bulb can read SMETS1 meters? As far as I've seen they are coming into the network this year and aren't complete yet.

Is it really that difficult to read your meters 3 days before your bill is generated? You'll get an email with the subject line 'your monthly payment reminder' and this is the cue to send in a meter reading (read the manual display on your meter) You won't get these emails if your smart meter is working. Submit actual readings and your monthly bills will be accurate.