Submitted 1st meter readings early — Bulb Community

Submitted 1st meter readings early

Hi
I submitted my first meter readings 3 days before my switch date, however my bulb account has registered those meter readings with my switch date which is today. So if I put in my actual meter readings for today it'll look like I've used 3 days of electricity in 1 day and I can only imagine what they'd predict my usage as!! Can this be resolved somehow?!
Thank you in advance anyone who can help!
Aggie

Comments

• Aggie said:

Hi
    I submitted my first meter readings 3 days before my switch date, however my bulb account has registered those meter readings with my switch date which is today. So if I put in my actual meter readings for today it'll look like I've used 3 days of electricity in 1 day and I can only imagine what they'd predict my usage as!! Can this be resolved somehow?!
    Aggie

Submit the next meter reading on time (I.e 3 days when your direct debit is due) and it'll be fine, the bill will be generated with the new readings as a delta from the readings you submitted. You may get a slightly odd bill in month one, but it will self correct by month 2. As long as the meter readings are correct once your switch is complete.
  • If you're worried contact bulb on their contact page, ring them up and specify the date was wrong and it can be corrected. https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us
  • Aggie said:

Hi
    I submitted my first meter readings 3 days before my switch date, however my bulb account has registered those meter readings with my switch date which is today.

That's fine - Bulb accept first readings plus or minus 5 days of your switch date.
    Those readings will be passed to your previous supplier as 'final' readings for the calculation of your final bill. You will therefore not be charged twice for energy used.
  • Aggie said:

Hi
    Aggie

This is fine and nothing to worry about, as @198kHz says. I submitted mine at the earliest opportunity, i.e., 5 days before my switch date. Since I was switching to Bulb to obtain lower unit rates it was the best thing to do and effectively get 5 days at the cheaper unit rate before my official switch :)
  • Hi thank you all so much for responding! That's really helped!
    Aggie