Tariff standing charge — Bulb Community

Tariff standing charge

The email I received recently about changing tariff prices said the standing charges were staying the same at 20..44p per day for both electricity and gas however online in the statements it says the standing charge is only 19.47p pre day. This makes me feel you are trying to change the tariff and hope no-one notices???
I look forward to an explanantion
Regards

Comments

• Audrey12 said:

I look forward to an explanantion

+5% VAT
  • Ah I never thought of that. Are you a member of Bulb staff? I would have expected you to be a bit more courteous. I guess I annoyed you Thanks for the answer though.
  • @Audrey12 this is a customer forum for the likes of you, me and @Hooloovoo. Bulb staff have 'at bulb' after their forum names. If you wish to contact by email I'd suggest help@bulb.co.uk
  • Not wildly courteous to accuse Bulb of sneaking in price rises though...
  • ccc said:

Not wildly courteous to accuse Bulb of sneaking in price rises though...

Bulb are bound like all energy suppliers to give notice of tariff changes.
  • Audrey12 said:

Ah I never thought of that. Are you a member of Bulb staff? I would have expected you to be a bit more courteous. I guess I annoyed you Thanks for the answer though.

As @FromTheValleys clarified, no I am a Bulb customer posting on this customer discussion forum, just like yourself.

The level of courtesy in my replies tends to mirror the level of courtesy in the original question. Indirectly accusing Bulb of fraud or of ignoring their responsibility to openly notify tariff changes is for sure the best way to set the courtesy bar at the lowest level. Perhaps in the future you might word your questions more politely with the assumption of a misunderstanding, without the baseless allegation?