New to bulb — Bulb Community

New to bulb

I am a new client and in the past, I have had nothing but grief with energy companies and it seems that Bulb is no different. This company refuses to answer my telephone calls and refuses to reply to my emails bar the generic statement of saying they will reply, but never do. I think I have made another mistake in having another rubbish company supply me. Would appreciate some help

Comments

• Did you call over the weekend as they are closed.
    Try live chat Mon-Fri
    This is a customer forum but if you think we can help put your questions on here.
  • Hi @Chandler1962

We're usually pretty speedy at picking up the phone. I'm sorry that you've had to wait.

I'm afraid on this occasion, we're unable to make the changes you've requested.

We have a fairly informal tone of voice in our emails. On the whole, our members like this but we do understand that it's not for everyone.

When we address a member by email, it will be by their first name and we don't use prefixes.

So if we were to email Joe Bloggs we'd say: "Hi Joe" and not "Hi Mr. Bloggs". We're unable to specifically change your emails to "Lord [your last name]" because of the way our emails are set up.

However, we can change a prefix on your billing. "Lord" is not one of these options. I have asked the team if it's possible to change this in the future.

If I do change the first name field to in our emails to "Lord [your first name] [your last name]" then your statements would end up saying "Lord [your first name] [your last name] [your last name]".

For now, I can remove the "Lord" from your first name so we address you by just [your first name]. Or I can change it to "Lord [your first name] [your last name]". If I do the latter, your statements won't be correct.

Let me know what you'd like to do?

• Eleanor what absolute rubbish. First of all your company is so poor at answering calls which I can prove and non existent in replying to emails. Rude and ignorant staff of live chat. Not a great start for a new client. Lied to about managers calling me back that never happens and even promised one call back today which won’t happen. As a journalist I must warn people of the pitfalls of joining. I certainly need to speak with management about me leaving
  • As a journalist

I dont see the relevance of that but anyhow just switch to another company if not happy and they will handle the switch,no need to speak to anyone in order to leave and there are no exit fees.
  • scudo said:

As a journalist

I dont see the relevance of that but anyhow just switch to another company if not happy and they will handle the switch,no need to speak to anyone in order to leave and there are no exit fees.
    I wasn't going to chime in but after that last response from op I'm going to.

If the op seems to have problems with all energy suppliers the chances of them all having terrible customer service is pretty remote. There is one common factor here.
  • edited March 11

I am a new client and in the past, I have had nothing but grief with energy companies and it seems that Bulb is no different. This company refuses to answer my telephone calls and refuses to reply to my emails bar the generic statement of saying they will reply, but never do. I think I have made another mistake in having another rubbish company supply me. Would appreciate some help

I'm just a run of the mill Bulb customer who has nothing but praise for Bulb during my 10 months with them but from your comments it does appear there is one common factor in dealings with energy companies, guess what?

As mentioned by another customer you are totally free to switch to another supplier with no penalty costs. The grass could be greener (sorry for the pun) for you with another supplier?
  • @Chandler1962, your beef with Bulb is that they can't address you as "Lord" in communication?

I'm not surprised you've faced similar issues with other companies as that's the most petty issue I've seen from any customer on here.

If a journalist told me I could join Bulb but they'd refer to me as Miss in all communication, honestly I'd still join.
  • @Chandler1962 Personally, I think somebody needs to get off their high horse. I have been a customer of bulb for just over a year and have nothing but praise from the company, right from pricing, communication and understanding their bills. I have used both phone and live chat and found both very helpful. Yes their phones aren't answered as quick as they were when i joined, but that is due to their rapid increase in client numbers, however their phones are still answered a lot quicker than other companies. For a company that doesn't charge anyone exit fees, i am not sure why you feel the need to write a negative article about a young company finding its feet whilst also doing a VERY good job. Let people join and make up their own mind and if they don't like they can leave free of charge. You sound like you have a lot of time on your hands so i would suggest you go onto a comparing website, find another company and demand they call you lord!
  • Eleanor what absolute rubbish. First of all your company is so poor at answering calls which I can prove and non existent in replying to emails. Rude and ignorant staff of live chat. Not a great start for a new client. Lied to about managers calling me back that never happens and even promised one call back today which won’t happen. As a journalist I must warn people of the pitfalls of joining. I certainly need to speak with management about me leaving

@Chandler1962

We aim for top quality member service. I'm sorry if we let you down on this occasion.

I'll organise for a manager to give you a call. In the meantime, don't hesitate to drop me an email.