Bulb Suffer £23m Loss — Bulb Community

Bulb Suffer £23m Loss

With many smaller energy suppliers folding, I am incredibly concerned that Bulb has lost this amount of money in 2018.

It's denting confidence in people switching, which I know first hand as I'm continuously trying to convince people to switch. What guarantees can we be given that Bulb will not cease trading?

Comments

• Is it a big issue for customers if their energy supplier ceases trading? They just get automically assigned a new one, don't they?
  • jjimjam said:

Is it a big issue for customers if their energy supplier ceases trading? They just get automically assigned a new one, don't they?

Your supply will never be interrupted. Another firm will bid for custom and you are swicthed over. All that happens is your direct debit goes to someone else.
  • edited March 11
    So nothing to worry about (unless you are a shareholder, investor, supplier, employee etc)
  • Hi @Geori89

Don't be alarmed. As we've discussed previously on Community, we're still a young company so we spend money in order to grow.

That £23.7 million was an investment by us in growing our business. We ourselves received a £60 million investment last year, which more than covers this and is testament to the strength of our business plan.