Smart metre no good — Bulb Community

Smart metre no good

Had the smart metres fitted on the 27th feb - so far the gas metre hasn’t worked properly and doesn’t connect to the electric metre to send readings. We have no hand devise because they run out of stock - don’t know when they can get one.

Calls not returned with updates on rectifying the gas metre - we were told that the staff are unsure how it works as it’s a new product.

Please please give me my old metres back - not happy

Comments

• Bigdave said:

Had the smart metres fitted on the 27th feb - so far the gas metre hasn’t worked properly and doesn’t connect to the electric metre to send readings. We have no hand devise because they run out of stock - don’t know when they can get one.

Calls not returned with updates on rectifying the gas metre - we were told that the staff are unsure how it works as it’s a new product.

Please please give me my old metres back - not happy

I think bulb charge £120 for the meter retrofit.

It sounds like your meter not connecting to the network. Bulb will be employing 3rd party contractors (Siemens) to fit the meters.
  • Talked again with Bulb today - they have no tech knowledge and I must wait for there smart team to contact me - I wish I hadn’t had the metres fitted now
  • Bigdave said:

Talked again with Bulb today - they have no tech knowledge and I must wait for there smart team to contact me

Good luck with that, is all I can say ...
  • @BigDave, how is having to manually read your new meters (until they get the issue fixed) any worse than the manual reading you would have been doing with your old meters?

The IHD would also be an addition over your old setup so surely you can wait for this too?