Billing — Bulb Community

Billing

Why is my bill issued at different dates on every month there’s no consistency. I brought my direct debit forward last month to 15th so that it would be in my bulb account before my statement was due to be issued on 19th but then this month the statement is issued on the 15th so makes my account look to be in arrears for a few days then in credit ????

Comments

• edited March 15
    Poppy1 said:

Why is my bill issued at different dates on every month there’s no consistency.

It isn't. It's the same date every month. The reason you're seeing the changes is because you're changing your payment date.

The bill/statement date is always issued a couple of days before the nest payment credit goes in. If you change your payment date, then your statement date will also change, as you've seen.
    Poppy1 said:

so makes my account look to be in arrears for a few days then in credit ????

Your account doesn't look like it's going into arrears, it is in arrears. The terms and conditions of your account state that
    3.16. You must keep your account in credit by paying for the supply in advance by automatic payment,

meaning that payment is taken in a month in advance upfront.

So for example, if what you're saying is you have £50 of credit in your account, then a bill for £70 goes out, your account balance is £-20. But you're saying it's not really, because two days later a payment of £50 goes in making your balance £30. But you're supposed to pay a month in advance, meaning that £30 is to pay for your energy for the next month, and clearly £30 isn't enough to pay your next bill assuming it is again £70. To prevent your account going overdrawn, you need to keep a higher balance in your account.

This is slightly different to other suppliers where you're allowed to go overdrawn under normal circumstances throughout the year. Bulb prefer payment upfront to help their cashflow and keep costs down.