Huge increase in monthly payments — Bulb Community

Huge increase in monthly payments

I joined in September 18 but my monthly payments have increased from the initial amount of £49 to £119. How is this possible when I gave you accurate information when I applied?

Comments

• Don`t confuse the Bill with your DD payments, as long as you are staying in 1 months credit you can go to your acoount and adjust your DD payments.
    Does your usage match your Bills as there has been huge increases during 2018 by all providers.
  • Bulb work the payments to be a surplus which is twice their projection of your monthly average usage. You are able to control it easily through the app. Best not to get in arrears though.
  • JoanneT70 said:

I joined in September 18 but my monthly payments have increased from the initial amount of £49 to £119. How is this possible when I gave you accurate information when I applied?

Have you been submitting meter readings every month, and importantly have those readings correctly shown up on your PDF bills?

When joining in winter, it's likely your monthly payments will need to be a bit higher than usual in order to prevent you going overdrawn during the expensive winter months. Once your account is established with a float, your monthly payment can be reduced to something more closely following your average monthly usage.

Don't confuse the direct debit with the bill. Your direct debit could be £500 per month, that in no way means you're now being charged that much for your energy use.
  • Thanks guys. That certainly makes more sense. I've sent meter readings every other month but the estimates fro. Bulb have been close enough so my winter bills are in line with usage. I guess I'm used to spreading the cost from day one with other providers. I'll review next month and see if I'm safe to reduce payments so I don't get in the red.
  • JoanneT70 said:

I've sent meter readings every other month but the estimates fro. Bulb have been close enough so my winter bills are in line with usage.

If you've submitted readings at the right time, 1-2 days before your bill date, then your bills shouldn't use any estimates. If you actual readings aren't showing up on your bills despite submitting them when the "window" is open, then you should chase this up with Bulb and get it fixed. It tends to happen when the estimates are way out compared to the actual readings meaning the actual readings are rejected as being outside the expected values, although this doesn't sound like it applies in your case.
  • JoanneT70 said:

They have done the same to me PROMISED they will be cheapest on the market, well... BULSHIT... just after a month I started with BULB they increased my bill £30 and I barely switch the boiler on and we spent almost all day out, we don't have the lights on more than 3 hours a day... SWITCHING TO BULB WAS A BIG MISTAKE.
  • edited February 3
    Change your direct debit amount manually.

Check your actual bills.
  • JohnnyBoy said:

They have done the same to me PROMISED they will be cheapest on the market, well... BULSHIT... just after a month I started with BULB they increased my bill £30 and I barely switch the boiler on and we spent almost all day out, we don't have the lights on more than 3 hours a day... SWITCHING TO BULB WAS A BIG MISTAKE.

You're clearly confusing your monthly payment with the actual bills. They are not the same.

The only big mistake here is you having no clue how accounts with energy suppliers work.
  • JohnnyBoy said:

They have done the same to me PROMISED they will be cheapest on the market, well... "*************"... just after a month I started with BULB they increased my bill £30 and I barely switch the boiler on and we spent almost all day out, we don't have the lights on more than 3 hours a day... SWITCHING TO BULB WAS A BIG MISTAKE.

Have you read : https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work-