100% Green Electricity?

I’m confused - Bulb marketing strategy is that they are 100% renewable energy for Electricity, yet one of the reasons quoted for the electricity price hike is that it is produced at stations powered by gas and the gas prices have risen! I thought 100% renewable was wind, solar or wave etc?

Hi @Derbyandrew - we do source our electricity through entirely renewable sources. However, the UK as a whole is still very dependent on Gas-fired power stations, so if gas is in short supply, the demand for all other sources of electricity rises, and with that so does the price (this includes from renewable sources). Our Gas is only 10% renewable as well, so we are definitely hit by the shortage for the other 90%.