1st d.d payment

Just switch to bulb only just give a meter reading but is saying d.d payment I have only just paid my old supplier … there’s no way I can afford 2 bills of electric and gas in one month … if things case I will havevto stay put because theres no way being A singke parent i could do this …

@Carrie01, Bulb unfortunately require payment in advance and during a switch there is often a period of time where you can end up paying two suppliers until your previous supplier issues your final bill.

No idea if there’s anything Bulb can do about this as a temporary measure though (@“Andrew at Bulb”?)

@Carrie01 this is a bit of an odd one, but it looks like we aren’t taking a payment on the 8th after all. There was a bug that stopped us from doing so. This seems like a happy mistake, in this particular case.

I’ve set your payments to the 1st of each month, with the first one on 01/04/2018. I’ll DM you the amount I’ve set them at.

For other members with a similar question looking at this thread, our Terms say payments in advance, and payments in advance are certainly the default setup, but we’re happy to change the payments to whatever date suits you, really.

For other members with a similar question looking at this thread, our Terms say payments in advance, and payments in advance are certainly the default setup, but we're happy to change the payments to whatever date suits you, really.
Does this mean (and based on another thread recently) that you're happy to refund any quantity of credit from a member's account back to their bank account?

The “one month of credit has to be left in your account” thing seemed a little random, especially in the winter.

OR, would it be possible in extreme circumstances to set the dd at a much lower rate until the switch over is complete this would allow a dd to be on the system although I can appreciate it would probably require manual monitoring for a couple of months.

Although not an issue for me these days I can understand from years back this would have caused cash flow issues for me.

Anyone else up for this:
As I understand it Bulb prefer to have a months up front payment as this cash is used to buy a month in advance their fuel stock.
Carrie01 cant afford that from her own pocket for the moment until all monies are sorted out. So, if a couple of us put an extra £50 in to our own accounts then Bulb would have an extra £100 which would cover for carrie01 despite the fact the £100 would be in different accounts.
If Bulb accept this and a n other will go with me I will put an extra £50 in to my account. Hope this makes sense.

The "one month of credit has to be left in your account" thing seemed a little random, especially in the winter.

@mowcius It sounds pretty sensible to me

Anyone else up for this
@scudo I don't think this will be needed but if it is I am.

@mowcius we can change the payment amount to whatever date is preferred, but always need at least one month’s payment in the account so we can purchase energy as efficiently as possible from the wholesale markets (as @scudo mentions).

In answer to your other point @scudo, we think that each of our members should be in control of their own accounts, mainly to ensure that they don’t receive large bills in the future. We can of course be flexible and are happy to discuss individual concerns in person.

Hey @scudo and @xxx :slight_smile:

So cool to see the Bulb family coming together and looking out for each other! As we’re not taking a payment from @Carrie01 until April, hopefully there won’t be any issue. And I’m sure we’ll be able to work out something with her directly, we’re not too horrible normally :wink:

And just to confirm, we’ll generally only refund credit when there’s over a month’s payment worth of credit on the Bulb account. That means we do far fewer refunds in winter, but we can’t refund money if it’s going to put one of our members further in debit.