1st Meter Reading.... Odd!!!

I’ve been a member 3 to 4 weeks, gave my initial meter reading when I joined and I have just given my second reading, but the initial one that was I believe bulb have sent to my previous suppliers has been given by bulb as nearly 500 units higher, yes higher!!! than my reading today!!! How can a reading a month earlier be higher than today??? Am I now going to get a whopping bill from my previous supplier???

How can a reading a month earlier be higher than today???

Only two possible answers to that question:

• You made a mistake on the opening reading you gave to Bulb.
  • You didn't give any opening reading to Bulb as required, and Bulb have been forced to use an estimate.
Am I now going to get a whopping bill from my previous supplier????

Yes, if you don’t correct it. Do you have what you believe to be the correct opening meter reading? If you didn’t bother to take one, then you’re going to have a bit of a problem. Ideally it would have been wise to take a photo of the meters on your switch date, so that you have proof of what they were and would also be able to double check if you accidentally transposed any numbers when entering the information.

I know I gave Bulb the correct reading, it’s not difficult to read 4 numbers in the right order and I do have a level of intelligence!! More likely the numbers were imputed into the system incorrectly!!! and don’t Bulb take all responsibility for switching, giving readings to previous suppliers??? I don’t know what Bulb have given them, but I’ve cancelled the direct debit!!! I swapped because I was having problems with my previous supplier not understanding how analogue meters work when they reach 100000 (or in analogue terms 0 :-)) and now this… Time to switch again maybe… At least I’ll be in credit lol!!!

Hi Hooloovoo… As I thought you’re initial comment about me getting it wrong was completely incorrect… I have just found a photo of my final meter reading and Bulb are out by nearly 600 units!!!.. I know these things happen but its not always the customer that’s wrong :slight_smile:

Hi Hooloovoo.... As I thought you're initial comment about me getting it wrong was completely incorrect.... I have just found a photo of my final meter reading and Bulb are out by nearly 600 units!!!!.... I know these things happen but its not always the customer that's wrong :-)

Hi there, did you need further help with this issue? If you believe the first meter reading is wrong we can get it changed with the necessary information. If you need to do this asap please call 0300 30 30 635.

Many thanks,

Henry