1st payment DD to bulb taken not showing.

Hi

Would appreciate some help. I officially joined bulb on 5th June and my 1st payment was taken out of my bank account yesterday.

On both the bulb app and this website that payment is not showing.

There is also a £94 pending payment showing on website that does not appear on the app.

When does my payment actually appear in my account please?

My concern is my previous supplier (scottishpower) had problems similar with my direct debits (over the 2 years) and one of the reasons I left them.

Many thanks in advance, john

Having only recently joined Bulb, I was in the same situation. My DD payment was showing against my bank account but only showing as pending in my Bulb account. The reason is simply that it takes a day or so for money leaving one account to arrive in the other. I find exactly the same when I pay off my credit card.

Having only recently joined Bulb, I was in the same situation. My DD payment was showing against my bank account but only showing as pending in my Bulb account. The reason is simply that it takes a day or so for money leaving one account to arrive in the other. I find exactly the same when I pay off my credit card.

I appreciate your response, thank you.

Today was showing in my bulb account.

I guess bad experiences with another power company left me wary and over cautious.

Kind regards, john