2 payments on same month.

Hi,
I want to ask about a payment on august this year.
I just join to Bulb and I already pay on 22 august and at the end of august I have another bill to my old supplier.
I need to pay twice on same month?
Thanks!

Hi, I want to ask about a payment on august this year. I just join to Bulb and I already pay on 22 august and at the end of august I have another bill to my old supplier. I need to pay twice on same month? Thanks!

There will be a cross over point. The previous supplier is billing you for the energy used up to the day of the switchover, bulb on the other hand charge a month in advance.

You are not paying (or shouldn’t) be paying for the same energy_

It is explained here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360000313371-Why-is-my-old-supplier-still-charging-me-

Hiya @Tudor

At Bulb, we take payment in advance for the month ahead. So the first payment is taken on the day you switch.

So when you switched, you may have received two statements.

One for the month ahead with us, and a bill for the month just past with your old supplier.

The important thing is you never pay for the same energy twice. We agree on your meter readings with your old supplier and use these to make sure you only pay once for each unit of energy.