2nd generation Smart meters

I’VE JUST SWITCHED TO BULB. WHEN WILL SECOND GENERATION SMART METERS COME IN AND AS I ALREADY HAVE A FIRST GENERATION GAS METER WILL THAT BE USABLE/CONVERTIBLE?

Hi @test_pilot28 , great to hear! The Smart meter will work, but we can’t read it remotely. At the moment, only the supplier that installed them can. Luckily, this will soon become a thing of the past as we’re rolling out 2nd generation smart meters at the end of this year, which we will be able to read remotely. Until then, we’ll have to ask you to submit your meter readings through your Bulb account, giving us a ring, or sending them by email. We understand that it can be quite annoying to have to read the meter, but it does help us to send you accurate bills that are not based on estimates. :slight_smile:

We are currently planning to start rolling the 2nd Generation Smart meters out late this year / starting 2019 :). We will inform everyone once we are ready to roll them out.

I cannot submit my readings yet as I am a transferring customer. Despite a few phone calls my welcome pack fails to arrive (asked in a separate post)

Hiya @test_pilot28 :slight_smile: your welcome pack has been resent today, now we have your correct email. Have a good day!