2nd month's direct debit payment has not been taken

Switched to bulb last month and first DD payment was taken on 19th May. Shortly after this I changed the payment date to the 8th and expected the next payment to go on 8th June, but this did not happen. Also no payment has been taken today (19th June). Why could this be?

I got the same. Their accounts department is incompetent.

Switched to bulb last month and first DD payment was taken on 19th May. Shortly after this I changed the payment date to the 8th and expected the next payment to go on 8th June, but this did not happen. Also no payment has been taken today (19th June). Why could this be?

I changed my payment date a couple of days ago but as I haven’t yet arrived at the stage where payment is due to be taken I haven’t encountered your problem.

If you go into your "Payments & Statement on your account dashboard and then select “Payments settings” does it say Payment date 8 th every month?

Also if a DD was due to be taken from your bank account today 19 June I don’t think it shows until start of business tomorrow.

It does say 8th in my Bulb payment settings, and my banking app shows pending payments that are due in the next day or two. Nothing from Bulb in there

I would call them on 0300 30 30 635 if they don’t answer your query tomorrow end of morning.

That is the quickest way to get matters sorted, and they’re very fast at picking up. :slight_smile:

I would call them on 0300 30 30 635 if they don't answer your query tomorrow end of morning.

Thanks very much. I couldn’t find a contact number earlier

No worries…glad to have helped, liamrich93 :slight_smile:

Quite normal - it depends on the timing - how close the dates are.
Shortly after switching on 6 Dec I changed the billing date to 17th of the month.
Nothing taken on 17 Dec but it’s been 17th of the month since 17 January.

@liamrich93 Direct Debits can take up to 10 days for the dates or amounts to change and that is why the next payment was the month after and not in June.