3 weeks after installation IHD not showing electricity usage

3 weenks after installation of smart meters my IHD is not showing electricity usage, which is not very helpful. I’ve tried everything already, I’ve reset the connection 3 times, moved the IHD next to the meter and turned on and off and tried to contact support through the on-line chat. Nothing has worked so far. Grateful for prompt support on this matter. I’ve installed smart meters so I could monitor my energy consumption; there’s not much reason to have these meters in the first place if I can’t see how much electricity I am using. Regards, Michael

Hi @mykey.1976, welcome to Bulb community firstly!

I appreciate you self-serving on this too to try getting this working, but I’m sorry you didn’t have any luck with that.

I can see you have said that you’ve turned the meter on and off, but have you tried unplugging it and running the battery all the way down until it turns off?

Hold the reset button for 15s to give the IHD a hard reset, then unplug it and let it run completely out of power. Then, restart the IHD using the button at the back, making sure it is still unplugged. The unit has an emergency power reserve that will need to drain also, so let this happen.

Try to restart the IHD again. If it turns on, it still has power that needs to drain too so let it run down.

Once the IHD cannot turn on any more, recharge it and turn it on.

Hopefully this will establish the connection between the meters and the IHD as everything else looks good from my end otherwise :+1:

Hi Lou.

Thanks for your assistance, unfortunately it didn’t do the trick.

I’ve repeated the procedure twice and still no sign of electricity usage - clearly there’s something wrong with either the meeter or the IHD.

Can you send someone to either replace the meter or the IHD please? My smart meeters are not very usefull if this does not get fixed.

Regards,
Michele

@mykey.1976 you won’t be getting that do. Bulb are too busy installing smart meters that probably won’t work. They don’t care about the broken ones. Getting their money from installs is their priority.

Well. Is this compliant with consumer law? Bascially, I have a faulty meter / IHD which does haf the job is supposed to do. If they prefer to do notghing about it, I will write to Ofgem and contact the Energy Obundsman. Somethign will have to happen - they either fix the issue or they will get fined by the regulator. History is not in favour of energy suppliers when it comes to these things!

@mykey.1976 you have to wait 8 weeks to complain to the ombudsmen.It makes no difference though according to others… This why they are getting away with it.

Hi @mykey.1976,

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues with your in home display. Looks as though the meters themselves are up and running and sending us reads, so this data will be available in your Bulb account.

For the IHD can I ask have you tried the Bulb account fix here?: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/ihd-issues

If you follow these steps we should be able to connect up in 48 hours.

Let me know how you get on.

Oisin