£49 a month increase? Really?

I just got an email from Bulb stating that my energy bill would go up £49/month, a 50% increase on my expected rate to date. The explanation is that energy costs have risen by 18% - which works out @ ~ £18/month.

Scammers, or a mistake in the announcement?

I just got an email from Bulb stating that my energy bill would go up £49/month, a 50% increase on my expected rate to date. The explanation is that energy costs have risen by 18% - which works out @ ~ £18/month.

Scammers, or a mistake in the announcement?

50% increase seems very high. In the attachment to the recent price increase email from Bulb it shows:

Until 10 Nov 2018      After 11 Nov 2018      Increase in cost

Your projected yearly cost A B A-B

A&B are the costs actually showing.

Are saying that the “Increase in cost” is 50% of the cost showing in the column “Until 10 Nov 2018”. This is the most accurate way of determining your % increase.

Hi @sgrover99686 - We’re certainly not trying to scam anyone here. There’s a chance it’s an error, as it shouldn’t go up that much as it’s higher than our rise in your area. I’ll pop you an email so we can chat about it.