£82,000 gas usage in a month!?!?

We’ve recently had a smart meter installed. I had a cursory look at the usage on our account and it is showing us having used over £82,000 on gas in June!! The reading was taken the day of installation. Can anyone tell me if this is something that can be easily resolved as clearly it’s a complete nonsense! I used £10 on Gas in May and £15 in July!

Thanks

Best you contact Bulb direct mon- fri.

Best you contact Bulb direct mon- fri.

Oh I will be but sadly I noticed it on a Saturday evening

Oh I will be but sadly I noticed it on a Saturday evening

Several other reports of the same thing on this forum if you look at older threads.

It’s a glitch in the usage dashboard. The vast majority of the website if broken at the moment. The billing sort of works, and that’s the main thing. What you’re seeing is just a bad calculation from code that has been pushed to production (i.e., the live site) with insufficient testing. You don’t need to worry about it, just ignore it. If you’re concerned, contact Bulb to let them know.

I ve had the same problem for June. 4 times as much gas is showing on my account but we haven’t used any extra… did anyone get a response. I have not emailed bulb yet.

I ve had the same problem for June. 4 times as much gas is showing on my account but we haven't used any extra..... did anyone get a response. I have not emailed bulb yet.

See: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/36001/#Comment_36001

and later posts in that thread.

Hi @Whatonearth ,

It looks like you might have had a slightly incorrect meter reading there, I think you’d be hard pressed to use £82,000 of gas in a month.

I’ve actually taken that wrong reading out of there and adjusted your balance to what it should be based on the correct reads from your smart meters. These errors do occasionally occur with meter exchanges and the information sent by engineers.

Hope you’re happy with slightly more normal bills.

Oisin