About the Introduce Yourself category

Why not say hi and tell us an interesting fact about yourself.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Sue, until recently most of our electricity came from our 250kW solar installation which generates enough power for about 80 houses. We’ve moved about 100m and sadly we have been quoted £10,000 to connect to our new house :disappointed:. On the upside we are looking at doing some major renovations to the property so going to explore ground source heat pump. We drive a Tesla which is phenomenal and are busy re-wilding most of our 8 acres.

Hey @suereid :wave:

Welcome to Community! Thanks for the introduction as well, always nice to see who’s out there. I love the sound of the rewilding - i think nature does the best creating itself :evergreen_tree:

It’s a shame about the cost of new solar panels- £10,000 is quite a lot! Was this because you were looking at a particularly large installation? We wrote a bit about the future of solar so I’d be interested to know what you think about it generally having had your house mostly supplied by it until recently?

Great to hear about the heat pumps as well- are you going for ground or air source? @cara_at_bulb is our knowledge guru about those so if you have any questions or even feedback we’d love to hear it. I know @izzyhunt is quite clued up on them - we’re always interested in knowing how the installations and switches to heatpumps go so please keep us updated :eyes:

And a car too! It sounds like you’re fully onboard with a renewable approach to living- What’s going to be your first big trip in the Tesla? Our EV community’s got some good ideas for trips, personally a fan of @Campbell_at_Bulb 's North Coast 500 idea myself. :oncoming_automobile:

Hi I have been with bulb just over a year and thought they were one of the cheaper energy suppliers, since having my smart meters installed the cost has shot up and I don’t understand how as my partner is in bed most of the day as he works night shift and I am out at work through the day, I am supposedly using a lot of gas each month but only use gas for my heating and hot water my heating hasn’t been 9n for months as the weather has been lovely so how come now my payments are rocketing up to £126 the least I can pay from next month. I am in the process of looking for a cheaper energy company as this pricing is ridiculous.

Hi everyone, just switched to a smart meter and awaiting the data feed to spring into life. Switched 10 days ago and so far I have 3 electricity and 2 gas readings and no graphs on the app. Hoping things pick up soon. During the day I work in the smart meter world so very interested in how it works for everyone.

Hello, I am Mike Meehan, a father of a son and daughter and a grandfather to two granddaughters and a grandson. I live with my wife in a 1930’s built semi which has solid brick walls. I am concerned about, to give it its proper title, anthropogenic global warming and to this end, installed double loft insulation, the glass fibre on the floor of the attic with the foam between the rafters, exterior wall insulation, as well as double glazing all round. We have had solar PV for the past eight years and last January, added a battery to the system and now have a program on my computer which keeps a constant record and I am pleased to say that since then, despite a mostly cloudy summer, over 80% of our electricity has been ‘free’ coming from the sun. In addition we have now had fitted solar water heating panels. Being of an advanced age, I doubt that I will recover all the monitory outlay of the costs in our lifetime but that is not really the point, which is for all of us to reduce our carbon output for the sake of future generations, Although we are still using gas, it is much less now and I am hoping that despite the fuel price increases this year, I will still be able to retain my monthly payments at their relatively low level.

Hello Bulb Community
I am a prospective Bulb customer being an active switcher. I am currently about to be forcibly switched by the closure of Peoples Energy.

However I have a problem. I have an Economy 7 meter, but choose to select the regular rate electricity tariff, since I no longer have night storage heaters.

Please can Bulb assure me that I can choose that tariff from the outset rather than my meter supply reference dictate?

Hi all. I’ve been a Bulb customer since 2018 and happy with the sevice so far.

Hi
I’m Redha Qahtan
I want ask you about my bill please. in e mail you told me I could see my payment in my account, and when I logged in to my account I didn’t see anything.

I’m Ethermax and have been with Bulb for short while and I am leaving to go to a fixed deal, no reflection on Bulb but feel its the right thing to do.
I have over £150 in credit and believe this will cover my final bill and then some. I cant afford to pay another months payment so have cancelled my DD.
Have I done something wrong? I’ve received an email to re set up a DD but seems crazy if I’ve got enough credit - can someone explain how I resolve this (I’ve tried to live chat but to no avail & cant find a phone number) Hope someone can help Cheers