Account in massive credit - are there problems at Bulb

Hi - I’ve been trying to get a response from Bulb for months.

I pay by DD every month. Since March, Bulb has taken the DD from my bank, but hasn’t deducted any payments fro gas or electricity, so my account is in credit by almost £900. I have emailed, tweeted, phoned and tried online chat, but no reply.

I know a couple of other people in the same boat.

Are there problems at Bulb - worries me that there is zero customer service.

You can manage your own direct debit. If you emailed for a refund you need an up to date meter reading.

Failing that, set your direct debit to like £5 a month through the dashboard to burn through the credit.

I assume you’ve been giving meter readings monthly when asked?

@FromTheValleys I think his problem is lack of debits:

..., but hasn't deducted any payments fro gas or electricity, so my account is in credit...

Doesn’t sound like a great situation. I suggest you estimate what you owe, otherwise you may get a shock when this is finally rectified.

I’ve given all meter readings and now have a smart meeting.

The App is telling me to reduce my DD significantly, but what worries it me is that Bulb haven’t taken any payments from my account, so the credit is just building up, but at some point their system will catch up and if I’ve reduced the DD I’ll then go in to massive debit.

..., but hasn't deducted any payments fro gas or electricity, so my account is in credit...

Doesn’t sound like a great situation. I suggest you estimate what you owe, otherwise you may get a shock when this is finally rectified.

That’s what concerns me - the App wants me to reduce my payments, but if that went on for a while it could lead to a big issue the other way.

Hi Damien E, Maybe you should email that you are thinking of leaving Bulb? Most companies respond amazingly fast when they think they’re going to actually lose a customer. You could also try emailing the CEO of Bulb at hayden@bulb.co.uk I looked it up on ceoemail.com, which gives all the ceo emails all over the UK. Good luck!

@JessH why bother emailing the ceo. That’s poor advice imo

For better accountability I would email the helpdesk.

CEOs of large companies get so many emails that your complaint will be lost in the sea.

I’m in a similar situation, maybe a little more complex as my carer’s been reading the wrong meter for months before smart meter was fitted - but not getting readings from smart meter gadget either …have emailed 2/3 times no response whatsoever …for WEEKS!! (At least 6wks, including chaser emails!)
What’s going on? There used to be excellent customer service - that’s why I wanted to stay with them, (even after they put the price up)?!!!