Accurate Meter Readings

Hi and Good Morning Bulb folk :slight_smile:

We completed switching yesterday ( 24th May ) and our first DD payment was taken out, so well in credit.

I would like to know please, if when you send out monthly statements, whether they are estimated or would we be asked for an accurate exact reading of both Gas and Electricity, which we much prefer to do.

If we can please arrange the latter, is it at all possible for you to send me an e-mail or text message that customer readings are due and we will send them either online or by phone call.

Also, Could you please e-mail the dates of when you wish to have the monthly readings and when our first is due. Much appreciated.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Ian B

This hopefully will answer your queries: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003193451-When-should-I-submit-a-meter-reading-

Thank you so very much for replying and answering my query, Allanr, and posting the helpful link.

It’s greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ian

Looks like all’s well then @IanB if there’s anything else I can tell you please don’t hesitate to let us know (or just ask @Allanr who knows as much as we do! keep up the good work)

Morning and thanks David for your reply.

So, just to verify that you send an e-mail out a couple of days before monthly statement is due and you act on those customer readings, instead of an estimated bill.
I understand that if we cannot give a reading eg: Away on holiday etc, you will use the estimated bill for that monthly payment. Is that the case?

I will certainly be recommending you to my family and friends and hope some of them switch over to you.

Thanks again and hope you all have a good day

Kind Regards

Ian

@IanB Yeah that’s right - if we receive the reading after we send you that email the statement will be based on the real reading. If you’re away and miss the email, the statement will be estimated for that month. The next time we receive readings, the account will catch up and reflect the true balance again.

One other thing to note is that the value on the statement won’t alter payment that you’re making in that month, so you don’t need to worry about an erroneous estimate causing you a high payment. The payments will remain the same on a monthly basis until we have a good idea of what you’re usage might be. Have a great weekend!

Thanks Euan…that explains all. :slight_smile:
It’s so refreshing here to get an answer almost straight away on this forum from you guys, and that is to your credit, so I thank you all, as it’s greatly appreciated.
I was wondering if there may be any plans in the near future for Bulb to extend their hours of customer service to the evenings and part weekends?

Cheers and hope you have a great Bank Holiday weekend.

Kind Regards

Ian

Looks like all's well then @IanB if there's anything else I can tell you please don't hesitate to let us know (or just ask @Allanr who knows as much as we do! keep up the good work)

I’m now embarrassed :o . I have an annoying trait of searching your helpful FAQ to find answers to queries.

Hi @IanB delighted we can help, we’ve always found that the clearer the explanations we can give to people the better for everyone. In terms of weekend and evening hours we’re actually already moving in that direction. We currently have some brave souls who come into the office on Saturdays to answer emails (not phone calls, though) and I believe that we’re currently looking at whether having something similar in the evenings would be helpful for you guys. We ran a test for a few weeks where we had the office open until 8 in the evenings for emails and chat, and we’re considering whether the results justify rolling that out on a permanent basis. Watch this space :slight_smile:

And @Allanr I wouldn’t call it annoying, in fact as traits go I’d put it closer to the ‘excellent’ category

That’s great news, David, and thanks for your reply

@Allanr …not annoying in the slightest, David at Bulb is correct.
Any help and assistance from good folk like yourself, who are on the forum when Bulb staff aren’t available to answer, is really greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Ian

@Allanr, I’ll have to have another look through. It used to be a pretty horrible experience :mrgreen:

That’s great news, David, and thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Any help and assistance from good folk like yourself, who are on the forum when Bulb staff aren’t available to answer, is really greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ian

That’s great news, David, and thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Ian