Accurate Statements

Hello Community,

I have very recently switched from BG and the one thing that was really important to me was avoiding estimated bills! It is just a matter of submitting an accurate meter reading on the billing date, yes? But with BG, the billing date was always hidden and literally had to be teased out of their WEB site. I had no problem in submitting a meter reading, just discovering the billing date! I just loved the increase of monthly payments (don’t we all) because BG couldn’t be bothered to send notification of their billing date, followed up by inflating my monthly payments because of estimating my usage incorrectly.

So how does Bulb work, then? Is there a quarterly billing date? If so, is this provided by Bulb prior to the billing calculation? Or do we have to suffer estimated bills?

Thanks, Tandy

Bulb will send you an email once a month, when you receive this submit your readings and billing will be based on actual readings. If you delay it they will use estimates although they do tend to be reasonably accurate.

Thank you Scudo, this is a definite improvement on BG.

When I was asked, ‘how did we do?’ and gave them an honest answer, BG always promised to improve their WEB site & forward an email requesting meter readings. It never happened.

Hello Community,

But with BG, the billing date was always hidden and literally had to be teased out of their WEB site. I had no problem in submitting a meter reading, just discovering the billing date! I just loved the increase of monthly payments (don’t we all) because BG couldn’t be bothered to send notification of their billing date, followed up by inflating my monthly payments because of estimating my usage incorrectly.

Thanks, Tandy

As scudo has intimated Bulb have an excellent system of giving customers a monthly reminder that a bill is due and requesting a meter reading for an accurate bill.

In fairness to BG (I was a customer before switching to Bulb) I used to receive a quarterly email reminder with a request for me supply a meter reading. I have just checked my last 7 quarterly bills from BG before my switch to Bulb were all accurately based on my own meter readings except on one occasion when it was read by BG.