Adding person to the bill

Good morning.
I would like to add my brother to the bill. Could you help me please? His name is Thanh NGUYEN HUY. How can we have a confirmation? Thanh you so much.
Kind regards.
Manh Hieu Cu

Hello @manh,

From https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003608972-Can-I-change-or-add-a-second-name-to-my-account-

Can I change or add a second name to my account? Yes, you can. But first, we need to make sure that the other person has given you permission to do this.

Send us an email [ help@bulb.co.uk ] from the address linked to your Bulb account, with the person you’re wanting to change or add copied in.

The person you’ve copied in needs to give us their permission for this change to happen. Which they can do by responding to the email.

Once they’ve done this we’ll go ahead and make the change.

Or if you’d prefer, you can call us when you’re both together on 0300 30 30 635 any time Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi I’ve added my two housemates to the names on my statement - does this mean they will be direct debited each month so I don’t need to chase them? That’s ideally what I want, an equal 3 way split each month! What can they see if they’re listed as I haven’t given my log in details? Thanks

Hi I’ve added my two housemates to the names on my statement - does this mean they will be direct debited each month so I don’t need to chase them? That’s ideally what I want, an equal 3 way split each month! What can they see if they’re listed as I haven’t given my log in details? Thanks

It would be extremely strange if there were to be three separate direct debit requests. Against your account will be one direct debit (which presumably be yours) and you will need to chase up the other two for their payments to you.

Hi @Rachel65 - we aren’t able to split payments between you and your housemates, sorry about that. Adding them to the account means we’ll send them statements so they can see the energy use of your home, but you’ll need to sort payment between yourselves. Thanks, Team Bulb